PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Indeed. Probably had Ed pulling his hair out with all of the estate and restoring questions. :mrgreen:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The older Dr Grabows were a pleasant surprise to me and I've acquired several since the first (a Westbrook) arrived along with a pipe rack which had been my primary objective in that particular auction.

My son gave me a 'blue spaded' billiard a few yrs back, and I smoke it all the time. The stem is incredibly comfortable.

It's a vulcanite saddle stem and the pipe is lightweight and easy clenching. The airway is excellent, and the pipe smokes w/o getting hot.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm in a tobacco pipe desert for yard sales, antique stores, and flea markets. I guess central N.C. was a cigarette region. Even the big state fairground flea market has few pipes. At antique stores, they look at me like I'm crazy when I ask about pipes, like I'm inquiring about rocket launchers. I guess even the professors hereabout (NCSU) were more engineers and techies and did cigarettes if they smoked. Not so many historians and literature people, at least not back-when.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I remember having a conversation with the late and dearly missed Ed about a Savoy yellow-spade push-stem filter pipe I own. Apparently, from time to time, when phasing models in/out (or ownership changes), a given colored stock was used on models that the color was not intended for originally. Are they rare? Valuable? Collectible? Ed didn't know, and neither do I. Sure miss Ed, though.

mawp

Lurker
Jul 15, 2019
Hello guys

I decided to share my last yard sale finds I got them in a week period and I paid around $40 total and that include the pipes and some related goodies.

The idea was get just one pipe to commemorate the 40 anniversary of my first pipe a Dr Grabow Duke Blue spade given to me by my girlfriend at the time for my sixteen years old birthday but looking around I found some auctions and I end up with the followings pipes that I guess were a nice find please let me know what do you think
Stanwell 19

Peterson Meerschaum Lined (plip)

Savinelli 603 Polo

Capitol 602 (Risticated)

Brebbia 6010 Diagonale Pura
pipas-600x355.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.