PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
With the resurgence of Pipes and all the wonderful choices of Pipe Tobacco out there. Why hasn't one of the many E-Tailers out there started a Tobacco of the Month Club. For a flat Fee someone can buy a year membership where they get sent (1) Tin of a different tobacco to try out every month. You could easily go as far as doing a Aro club and an English Club.
Just a thought, but I would get in on that and I am sure others would also.

mekkohotvle

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
That would be a great idea, especially a newbie. That is how I started out with cigars. Though I enjoy Punch cigars majority of the time, I wanted to try others without breaking the bank.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
To take it a step further, said E-Tailer offers a 10% discount for that month's tobacco for members only.
The Key would be keeping it secret till the first of the month so it is like Xmas once a month. The excitement alone would be worth it. I have the whole plan in my head for when I get my degree and have the time to open my own shop. That will be a while yet so PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP US!

mekkohotvle

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
I was part of the CI cigar club and of course get a sample of 5 different cigars and a newsletter. on the back of the newsletter was great discount prices for members only.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I like this idea a lot....but with all the changing regulations that are occurring almost daily, is this too big a challenge for any 'etailer to take on?.... :?

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
Genius! so where do I sign up? :D
I really do hope an e-tailer looks through this forum, especially this thread :P

mowens

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
Sounds like a great idea. There a lot of ideas that could evolve from a serivce or club like this. I think if someone wanted to take advatage of all the new pipe smokers (like myself) that are entering the fray they could offer a begginers type club where they introduce them to all types of tobacco. An example would be they send a certain blend and with it they send a small pamphlet that explains the characteristics of said tobacco and maybe even some drink or food pairing tips. Of course I think you need to have success with a basic service first. I would certianly sign up for something like duncan mentioned.

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
An example would be they send a certain blend and with it they send a small pamphlet that explains the characteristics of said tobacco and maybe even some drink or food pairing tips.
Like the wine of the month companies do ... sounds perfect.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I think the real winners from this type of deal would be the Etailers that have their own Blender on hand for example Hearth and Home. Even C & D could do it since you can buy direct through them. It would increase sales and open people up to their blends, they could offer a members only blend to try a new one out and receive the feedback. To think someone paying you to be your sounding board.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I do not think setting up would be the PITA, it would be the state to state regs. Also if you went international that is another set of rules. Since everything is on Computers for the most part now a days. It would be a simple data base with a start and stop date. All it would be is a monthly recurring order. The biggest issue would be keeping track of the items sent so you do not repeat a certain blend in a calander year for that person, but even that is not totally impossible since there are so many blends out there.

ps27

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
Sounds like something Kevin should try as an arm of pipesmagazine.com and his great association with advertisers and producers. Entrepreneur on, Kev!

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I would so do this!
I think it would be great if whoever did do this had their own blender(s). They could include their entire line of blends and substitute well known and not so well known blends from other companies into the mix! Sign me up today!

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I know that if this were in place somewhere, I'd likely be a part of it and I'd be stocked for a very very long time, lol. I just updated my Pipe Tool app on my ipad and it says I have 1yr and 2mos of tobacco, based on 1 bowl a day. I know with some here, that wouldn't last them long at all, but that's still a lot of tobacco for me, lol.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i think this would be a great way for new smokers to find blends that they like without being afraid of spending too much on tobacco they dont know about. i would definitely join.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
I would love to be involved in a scheme like this. To a newbie the list of tobacco is just overwhelming and to get a regular supply of good quality tobacco to try would be fantastic.
I'd sign up like a shot if something like this existed in the UK or if they would ship to the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.