PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
Jay--have you come around to enjoy the Dark Flake Scented, or are you merely enjoying the unscented version, which seems to inevitably catch a whiff of the Lakeland scent? Just curious.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Quickest blend I ever dumped in the trash-years ago was in the Caribbean and enjoying my first access to Cuban cigars. Found some Cuban H Upmann pipe tobacco and thought that had to be good. Much too strong for me-heavily cigar leaf-1 bowl and threw it in the trash.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Quickest blend I ever dumped in the trash-years ago was in the Caribbean and enjoying my first access to Cuban cigars. Found some Cuban H Upmann pipe tobacco and thought that had to be good. Much too strong for me-heavily cigar leaf-1 bowl and threw it in the trash.

I need this.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Stanwell Melange will ghost a pipe faster than any blend I know . Tastes like uncured burly rolled in apricot jelly . Save this one for a cob . A cob you don't like .

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Beast, I have indeed had an encounter with Dark Flake Aromatic when it was sent to me in error. I reviewed my sorry experience with it two weeks ago.
Regards,
Jay.

I did read your review; I was just curious whether you had since gotten your flakes on some unscented, or had actually warmed to the scented variety. :)

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Beast, apologies. I have actually bought two lots of Dark Flake (unscented) and find it absolutely delicious!
I've had several 'new to me' blends lately that have been crackers but of course some duffers too :?
Such is the fun of tobacco trialling :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.