PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokedank

Lurker
Sep 17, 2019
Welcome to the forum puf I was mostly just teasing, though there was some truthful reasoning in what I said. Anything on ebay is fair game, whether someone posts it here or not.

I will say I have a hard time believing that you just happened to join on the same date as Sparrow's post, and then within 24 hours of Sparrow's post you purchased the pipe without having seen Sparrow's post about the pipe, and then only after purchasing the pipe you stumbled across Sparrow's post about the pipe. It would just be an unlikely order of events, though of course possible. It's all good if you found the pipe because it was posted here - ebay is fair game, and as you mentioned above Sparrow probably would've bought it instead of posting it here if he really intended to buy it.

There was a thread a few days ago where there was some discussion that forum members should probably avoid discussing in stock notifications of hard-to-find tobacco and discussing possible ebay purchases so as to avoid alerting the public at large, which is why I mentioned all of the above.

I have helped people on facebook groups by getting them esoterica and sg blends that my local shop has in stock. If you think I'm greedy or underhanded because I got the same pipe, and made my account in the same day, then I apologize. I didn't even know this website existed prior to me purchasing it but it really doesnt matter. Its the internet and like you said, ebay is fair game. I'm glad I purchased the pipe, and googled about it, because I found this website and it has turned out to be a wealth of information.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
I paid just a bit over your 175 for mine this morning but after seeing it in person I couldn't resist. Plus I grabbed a tin of Nording Labrador as well. Not a big aromatic guy but it's tough to beat with a cup of coffee. Didn't think I would see tins of that again.

Reactions: smokedank

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I have helped people on facebook groups by getting them esoterica and sg blends that my local shop has in stock. If you think I'm greedy or underhanded because I got the same pipe, and made my account in the same day, then I apologize. I didn't even know this website existed prior to me purchasing it but it really doesnt matter. Its the internet and like you said, ebay is fair game. I'm glad I purchased the pipe, and googled about it, because I found this website and it has turned out to be a wealth of information.

Hey man, I didn't intend to accuse you of any sort of misconduct at all.

As I mentioned previously in this thread, forum members were recently discussing the fact that when we make posts to share "in stock" notifications for hard-to-get tobacco, or when we post links to ebay pipes we might bid on, we are intending just to share that information with members of the forum, but in reality most people who are viewing those posts are not members, so we're basically making an announcement to the public at large when we're really intending to discuss only among friends. I was just curious whether we had a confirmed case where a member posted an ebay pipe, and that post was seen by a non-member, and then the non-member bought the pipe.

Anyhow, you're one of us now, so its a moot point puf And I don't think anything bad of you, and I think it's generous of you to pick up hard to get tobacco for your friends rather than flipping it on ebay.

Reactions: smokedank

smokedank

Lurker
Sep 17, 2019
Hey man, I didn't intend to accuse you of any sort of misconduct at all.

As I mentioned previously in this thread, forum members were recently discussing the fact that when we make posts to share "in stock" notifications for hard-to-get tobacco, or when we post links to ebay pipes we might bid on, we are intending just to share that information with members of the forum, but in reality most people who are viewing those posts are not members, so we're basically making an announcement to the public at large when we're really intending to discuss only among friends. I was just curious whether we had a confirmed case where a member posted an ebay pipe, and that post was seen by a non-member, and then the non-member bought the pipe.

Anyhow, you're one of us now, so its a moot point puf And I don't think anything bad of you, and I think it's generous of you to pick up hard to get tobacco for your friends rather than flipping it on ebay.

Just picked up some sg fvf, bobs chocolate flake, and best brown 4 from the shop today. The guy who runs it has a few pounds of Penzance and let's me smoke all I want.

The way I see it, the pipe smoking community is way too small for backstabbing or underhanded dealings. We have to stick together and help each other. What's the point in being greedy and selfish with tobacco if you have no one to enjoy a smoke with? No one to converse with about pipes or tobacco over a nice bowl of premium pipe weed?

No thanks. That's not the hobby I picked up. To me it's all about sharing, enjoyment, conversation, memories, living in the moment. Not obsessively hoarding enough tobacco to smoke for 3 life times, or not being able to enjoy the tobacco you have because you're always worried about getting something you dont have.

If I had saw this post prior to sending an offer on the woodcock, i would have sent OP a message asking if he had dibs on it. It's just a pipe lol

Reactions: lawdawg
Status
Not open for further replies.