PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
What do women who smoke a pipe generally prefer for a tobacco? favorites?

I'm having a hard time finding something my wife likes. Right now she is puffin' on Altadis: Tobacco Galleria: Almondine. She would like something more "Mild than that".

Any comments as to a more or most mild tobacco she can try?

( Hey fellas, it's about me keeping the peace in the house. LOL )

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
While I second all the recommendations above... I would also suggest:

Tobacco Traders Savannah... I have found this to be a mild and very tasteful smoke..much in the tradition of 1Q.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
That is a very hard thing to answer. Not least of all that women's tastes differ so much from men's. And I mean that in a non-sexist way.
My only advice is to take the good lady wife to your local B&M the next time and let her talk to the Blender in the shop. They may even furnish some samples for her to try. In any event, it is likely to be a whole world different to your choice.
I envy you so much, the thought of taking my partner to my B&M to try out the latest tobacco's is a dream that I am very unlikely to realise. Share your hobby, share your buying. It seems the only logical way forward.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I will get her online with me and check out those recommendations.

Her work hours are not very time permitting for us to go to a tobacco shop at same time. Perhaps she needs to schedule a day off for Pipe&Tobacco searching.

yes, it is much nicer for me to spend time puffin' with her as opposed to without her as I've done years past. She just started about a month ago now.

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Wolfscout,
At the risk of appearing to more than I should... I am going to go WAY OUT ON a limb and recommend as I did earlier... Savannah....

IN FACT... if you will PM your address I will happily send you some of this at no cost to you for your lovely lady to try....

She will love it!!

Bob(

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Wolfscout... I will have this on route no later than Monday....

I hope she loves it... and I would hope you would give it a try as well...
This is one fine smoke...

Bowhatchie..

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
My wife only waits in the car " that place stinks inside hummffff" . Over the years she has suprised me with some very nice cigars . So I Quess she can stick around . :D

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
My wife picked up a estate pipe while shopping with some of her friends months ago. She got it at an antique shop. It wasn't the pipe that was important to me.. it's that she knew my interest enough to think on it while she shopped for herself.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Even though I bad-mouth aromatics, I do occasionally sample them to see if I can find one that works for me.

So far 1-Q is the only aromatic I'll smoke, because the taste of the tobacco shines through. So...

the other day I was smoking a sample of 4noggins' Catamount, and this was the only time

the wife went out of her way to find out what I was smoking because it smelled so good.

It's a vanilla and cherry blend that, to me, tastes better than CAO Cherry Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.