PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
We went to Columbia Tobacco Merchant, a Cigar shop, and picked up some Whitehall and Mayfair 3:1. The guy there said she should like that.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
@ Cortez

I am going to have to give Catamount a try.
Although I have been smoking pipes for quite a few years and am mostly disappointed by aromatics, I am always drawn to them hoping that it will taste the way that it is described. Knowing that you like, as you hate aro's, I will have to put it on my list to order next. Along with some other blends that you have suggested.
----

@ Wolfscout
If you are looking for an aromatic that is mild and gives the flavor that is promised, try Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening. You have to like maple syrup though, because that is the flavor of it.
Here is my review of it:

Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening - Pipe Tobacco Reviews

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
Bob, I'll have to keep an eye open for that one. We both like maple syrup with peanut butter mix'd. Add some of Grandma's biscuits and I've got a meal. yummy. LOL

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I envy you blokes, everyone I've ever dated hated me smoking, and all but one made me pick between smoking and them. . . I chose smoking hands down.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I've found Sterling / 1776's Sweet Briar to be a brilliant mild smoke. I also use it to cut with my aromatics that are a bit too heavy / hot smoking, and think it does a great job of not intruding on the flavor, cooling the smoke and extending the pleasure. Several of the Altadis blends I've purchased are great flavors by themselves, but even better when tempered with the Sweet Briar.

And, if you like maple syrup and peanut butter you can't beat Altadis for crazy flavors--you can make an Elvis blend (peanut butter & banana), root beer float (root beer, vanilla, cream), mint chocolate chip (mint and cocoa), or any other number of fantastical, Willy Wonka-ish creations. An ounce here and there won't break the bank either. Now if only they made a bacon flavor...

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
snapped a few minutes ago:

Rhonda puffin' Cinnamon Cordial in her Lady's pipe.

100_2408.jpg

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
wolfscout, i loved the peanut butter and syrup mix when i was growing up,yummm

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Chero, I still do,....almost every morning as soon as I hit the kitchen at the fire station.
I'm glad I don't have to pick between my wife and smoking a pipe. I'd get tired of sitting around every evening by myself waxing my bowls and buffing my stem, dreaming about the good ole' days.
I'd have to choose her.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
hrmm.. I do. Wife says if I'm a'going to smoke and have all these pipes in my office/mancave I can at least make them look presentable and kept polished and dustless. LOL

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Nahhh....luck has nothing to do with it,....I can be just as demanding as anyone else. :)
'Course,....I've been married more than once too.
On topic,.....I'm just glad my wife doesn't smoke pipes. :mrgreen:

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
Rhonda used to be a cigarette smoker.. I'm trying to convert her.

As an extra.. there's more opportunity to fix some PAD addiction if she's able to puff it as well. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.