PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I’m withdrawing from the board because of my ongoing disrespect for other members as well as the lessened meaning I feel being here being 10 months quit. Over the last 18 months of my involvement I’ve felt that I was slowly learning how to be a good citizen, but as the negativity continues to recur, it seems honorable to bow out. And I don’t even smoke anymore. Though some of you may ask me to reconsider, the decision is firm. I will miss all of you and board life, but it is time to move on.
Happy smokes to all!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Hopefully no one takes opinions on the internet too seriously but I wish you the best.

I'm really surprised that you hung in there with us for as long as you did, after quitting smoking. I think it is good to have someone who challenges things, but I guess there comes a point where you have to just let it go. I hate that it has to be the whole forum that you have to let go.
May you live long, prosper, and find new interests that give you pleasure.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
It’s understandable.
The best thing to do with forums is to stay out of the mud. I only participate in positive discussions.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Best wishes Salt. You often made things interesting...whether it was something I agreed with you on or not.
If I had given up smoking I don't think I would have hung around as long as you have...it'd make me miss the pipe too much.
Take care.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Been here about a year now. Is it improper to ask just WTF would make a member like saltedplug want to leave? Don’t really remember any negative or heated exchanges that would make someone want to leave here. Maybe I’m missing something.
If it’s better to leave it alone, I’ll totally understand.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Maybe I’m missing something.
I think there may have been other dust-ups in the past having something to do with Salt, but apparently the denouement came with this one:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jess-chonowitsch

Status
Not open for further replies.