PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hope you have minimal discomfort and a steady recovery. They'll want to get you up "right away," so follow medical advice. But once you feel a little better, take it slow. People set themselves back when they feel that first euphoria of healing and overdo. Take it steady but not too fast.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Best wishes for you, Chris. Hang in there and rest up--You will get through it.

Thanks Brothers,
A little update
Just came back from the Surgeon's appointment. I indeed have a hernia on my right side of the stomach/abdomen. He wrote a few tests to see if I can undergo General Anesthesia again. I am overweight so putting someone under a total blackout is risky. Plus a few other routine tests. Monday I will be going for the 2 million tests the doctor needs and by next Friday hopefully I'll be admitted to the hospital.
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

Aug 14, 2012
Good luck Monk. I have been under many times; always made it back, darn it. (Been dead. Life is more work. Death is a breeze.).

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I hope the doctor's can get it taken care of and that you're feeling better soon.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I noticed pain in the same spot just above my abdomen whenever I coughed........I am 90% sure it's an inguinal hernia as right now the symptoms are a little ache and heavyness on the same side of my stomach/abdomen.
You may indeed have a hernia but not inguinal. Inguinal hernias are a defect in the inguinal canal, located on either side in the groin area. The vas deferens passes through the canal, but if the opening is too large, then the intestinal membrane and/or intestine can protrude also.

Status
Not open for further replies.