PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
Like cigrmaster I have had several Winslows of various grades. Mine were/are size 2 to 4, mostly classsic styles and I still have a few left that I cannot part with. Almost everything about them is perfect: design (subjective), grain, drilling, finish, smokability and stemwork. The only downsides are that all the otherwise perfect stems being acrylic. If only Winslow could also offer ebonite/vulcanite for those of us who prefer that... I think the more affordable Crown series is indeed matching higher priced pipes of most other brands today. I hoped and often wish I could ignore my old preference for ebonite/vulcanite but it is sometimes difficult to teach an old dog new tricks...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Crowns are definitely a great pipe for the price. Mine gets reached for quite frequently.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
daniel, that Winslow is gorgeous. Congrats on a fine addition to your collection. I hope you get many years of great smokes from it.
Thank you, I wish the same for you! I'm sure that this pipe will serve well. And I'm also sure that this wasn't my last pipe from Poul.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
They are beautiful pipes. I need to get a new camera to do it justice. Earlier years with Poul Winslow stamp in an oval.
img-20190322-00911-600x450.jpg

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
There's no grade stamp on it. It's one of his older pipes. From Pipedia"
"STAMPS AND GRADES
Old Winslöw-pipes are stamped with his name in big block-letter or in an oval."
And there's no silver dots on the stem.
It's a high grade IMO.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
They smoke great and there are a lot of estates around if you look for something more budget friendly. Or check out the Winslow Crown Pipes. They arent completly hand made from what I have heared but good quality none the less

Status
Not open for further replies.