PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Go to a pipe show, Smokey. You will be loved and adored. The men treat the women with respect and, in fact, the ladies usually obtain star status. Same with my local pipe club. You've just been hanging around the wrong crowd.
Best,
Pipestud

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
smokey, I had no idea you were of the superior species, I am glad you let us know. I for one will abuse you like i abuse the rest of these fine folks, I am an equal opportunity abuser.
Seriously though, I think it is great that you like to smoke a pipe, the more people in our ranks is good for all of us, no matter what the gender. Hell we even welcome our resident she male Peck with open arms. :lol:

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I'm with the rest that if you're going to get any sort of specialized treatment for being a women - it's going to be on the positive side of things! Me and my pipe friends keep a pipe-family-tree (who started who smoking a pipe) and I have a pipe daughter myself, so I think it's great to see other girls getting into it :puffy:
For instance, at a pipe shop in town, I am treated as though I don't know much about anything when it comes to the hobby. Given, I am new-ish to it, I still know some things.
As for that, it happens to me to. I'm 25, so the guys in most shops (or the woman working a shop as was once the case) always assume I know nothing. Doesn't matter if I walk in smoking a lat bomb in a dress pete, they'll still ask me about the basket pipes and aromatics. I've even had some really unpleasant moments (because it was awkward, no arguing or anything) where it became VERY clear that I knew much more about the shop's tobacco inventory than the employee....they didn't really know how to handle that!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have been known to give women at pipe shows a serious discount on the tampers I am selling. Feel free to stop at my table at the Chicago Pipe Show next year.
Winton

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
@Winston does that mean if I come by your table in a pretty yellow dress I can get one of your tampers for 50% off? Geeze with I had that information a couple months back :nana:

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Hi Smokey, another female pipe smoker here. You will find that the gentlemen on this site are a superior breed, surpassed by none. You will not get any harsh treatment, nor reprimand. As for the pipe shows, well, I've only attended one so far.
There were many women there as vendors and consumers alike, as well as spouses supporting their husbands/boyfriends. I didn't see any ladies other than myself lighting up, but then there was no smoking allowed in the building. There was a smoking section outside. Other than smiles and a few stares of disbelief when I went out to light up a pipe that I had purchased at the show, no one paid a whole lot of attention, and certainly didn't scoff. You may attract a lot of attention, but you will feel more like a super model than a nuisance. :wink:
So, welcome sister. :) You're in good company. :puffy:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Welcome to the forum. You will get to know many fine people as a member of this forum. Feel free to ask questions at any time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The pipe smoking demographic is a high percent male, so it might take some Forums members a while, about

seven seconds, to readjust. After that, they'll happily give you the same harassment they give everyone else

no matter who they are.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
Welcome to the forum. I agree that you will meet many fine, knowledgeable and generous members here.

It is always nice to see another woman pipe smoker. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.