PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
Yeah, in my picture I have heavy clothes on since it's winter, back then my long hair was put in a pony, and the smoke covers my face. So I understand.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
Yeah, in my picture I have heavy clothes on since it's winter, back then my long hair was put in a pony, and the smoke covers my face. So I understand.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Walt - we all know you're a zebra!!!!!!!!! bbwaaahahahahahahahaha
Maybe, Mike... Maybe!
5201_10200915189189635_836594158_n.jpg

/hijack

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Hey Smokey, welcome to the forums.
My wife rarely smokes a pipe even though she has a few. She mainly smokes cigars, the stronger the better. She can out smoke most men I know.

kcpoe

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2013
I think women who smoke pipes are super sexy. Much like others find specific accessories attractive on a woman (glasses, hats, shoes).
Welcome!

Aug 1, 2012
Glad you're here and post on. I will say I sort of understand the whole gender misunderstanding thing. I have long hair and have had many a waitress walk up behind me to the table and say "and what can I get for you ladies" just to have me turn around with my bearded face and give my order. They're usually suitably shocked/embarrassed and I get a bit of a laugh.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
2 places I don't think women should belong to, Boy Scouts & pro football, but I am a chauvinistic pig. Welcome!!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Hell no we won't be upset. Glad to have you here. Too much testosterone sometimes. Glad to see you are an individual that does what she likes and not what society tells you. Looking forward to your comments in the threads. If we ever meet up at a show would be honoured to sit and smoke a bowl with you, and anyone else from this fine group!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I doubt that any member would disparage a woman for smoking. That said, smoking would not be the reason for the blackball in the bowl at my club.
Your presence on the forum should have a civilizing influence. It doesn't appear to, but it should. The presence of a lady anywhere always improves the behavior of men. Of course, this is exactly the reason why women are not allowed membership in my club. The behavior mean among the members is very, very low and any attempt to raise it is always strenuously resisted. Particularly by the married members.
Here? On this board? I think the more ladies the better!
One more thing: In the picture on my posts, I'm not the one wearing the hat. Never judge a member by his/her avatar.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
smokeytay33 said:

"... I write this is because I eventually plan to go to a few pipe

shows and possibly meet a few of you. I don't want their to be any

surprises. I also want to feel like I am being myself and that it

is okay to be myself on these forums.

So, here it goes ... I am a female pipe smoker."
Not sure how many besides myself had read enough of your postings here to have already known that ... but I think your broader point is 'clearing the air' prior to any in-person meetings at pipe shows, et al and I can understand that ...
Some years back, there was a woman who was quite active on a cigar forum in which I also participated ... the 'resistance' that she met there was due not so much to her being female as it was to her being extraordinarily opinionated and outspoken ... however, those who happened to meet her in person found her to be friendly and charming and good company at those events where they encountered her. Their saying as much in the forum eventually won over the few who had been less accepting of her ...
In short, you should just jump right in without being at all intimidated ... be yourself and I'll put a money bet on your finding no problem in complete acceptance.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I think many tobacco stores have a "you gotta be tested" attitude, like I cant state my opinion on what I want until I've proven some stupid silly thing.
Bingo, that's how my B&M treated me until I came in one day and fully explained what I liked about a certain tobacco now I am can't go in anymore cause I will spend a ton and bs for quite some time. Taylor like stated before note one person on this forum will ever think less of you, but we will always think more of you for being one of the few women who have stepped up to the pipe. Once again happy to have you.

~Ron

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
The wonderful thing about forums such as this one is that a person is judged by the content of what they write, not their gender. Looking forward to meeting you at a show in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.