PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
So far I've been lucky with my wife (and we also have a newborn). I think I'll need to start a new thread lest the same fate of unhappy wife befall me. What are your choices for wife approved blends?

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My wife is asthmatic and allergic to smoke. My daughter is also, but to a lesser degree. Therefore, I smoke in the garage. When I am done, my clothes go in the wash and I go in the shower. (once I had too much twist tobacco and I did this the other way around. I won't make that mistake again!)

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I smoke outside- when I come in- it's time for a shower, brush the teeth, a little mouthwash, shave any excessive growths of hair from the chest and back, and then my wife is happy to see me...

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
[I think that the easiest solution is to find a new wife.]
+1.
Well, seriously, I use air purifier with ozone function. I have the ZEN LIVING ZL-3C+ PROFESSIONAL AIR PURIFIER. After you have done smoking turn on the ozone at maximum for 20 minutes and when you come back it is all fresh air. Pretty amazing results.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This the one?
81FUQ7Zk0QL._SL1500_.jpg

How long have you been using it? Looks like a winner.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
You could mask the odor with something stronger. Try wlking ion dog poo before coming into the house.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
jpmcwjr, Yes it is the one you put the pic. Works great, I had for one year and the reason I bought it is because the building is now smoke free also within the unit (unfortunately I leave in a nanny state). With closed window and AC off, I turn the unit on only the ionization, no ozone while I am in the room. When done, I turn on the ozone, leave the room for 30 min, then come back, open the windows and I have a fresh air like in the mountain after a storm. It really destroys the smell, not cover it and you don't really detect anything. Also when cooking it is great to kill odors.

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
As a married man of nearly fifty years, I've learned that, when my wife complains about something I'm doing, the problem is often that there's something I should be doing that I'm not. So, in addition to doing what you can to eliminate the smell of stale pipe smoke on your clothes, I suggest you consider if there might be another problem. Are you spending enough quality time with her? Are you pulling your weight in the child rearing department and with household chores? Are you satisfying her other needs?
Take it from someone who's sometimes had to learn the hard way: a satisfied wife is a happy wife, and a happy wife is much more tolerant of her husband's "bad habits."

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
I smoke outside in the summer, spring and fall. In the winter, I'm in the garage. I either jump in the pool after I smoke or wash my hands and face.
It's about compromise for us. I don't drink and my wife doesn't smoke. However, we will go to a friend's house or a winery and she'll have a couple of glasses of wine while we enjoy the company and the setting. Afterwards, I come home and smoke my pipe. She buys nice bottles of wine and champagne, I don't say a word. I buy nice pipes and tobacco, she doesn't say a word.
As for trading in the wife, I had a lemon the first go round. This one is a peach. If she asked me to quit, I'd do it in a heartbeat. However, I'd be pouring bottles down the drain

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was married to my wife about 25 years before I started smoking a pipe. She doesn't enjoy me when I smell like a pipe. So, if I plan on getting up close and personal, I don't smoke beforehand (she's worth the sacrifice...) Like Warren alluded, to, its a compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.