PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016
$200 already and they still have almost a full day to work on their closing bid strategies.
$200 seems to be the recent Ebay average for 8oz bags of Penzance, one sold BIN for that, one auction closed for nearly that, and one's not showing up on the "sold" list anymore, but went for ~$230 not too long ago. :puffy:

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Unopened Esoterica Penzance in mint condition. Purchased in 2015
Highly Collectible.
1. The value of the item is in the collectible packaging, not in the tobacco itself.

2. The tobacco within is not for consumption or use.
Good God. I may have to start buying this stuff up and reselling it. I can retire and build my second house.

Jun 27, 2016
You could try pre-selling it and then snagging some at retail to send out when you can get it, but good luck with that.
When it was showing up at retail over the summer and into the fall, "sold" prices were soon below $100 a bag on Ebay.
But lately it has been scarce at retail, at least on-line, and 2oz tins are averaging $60 out-of-pocket on Ebay, so I guess that it hasn't been hard to make the leap to $200 for four times as much.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I wonder how that Penzance would taste with maybe half an ounce of Blood Red Moon mixed in for a little depth? It could be repackaged and relabeled as "Perchance" for maybe $50.00 after that Penzance bag is sold for $202.00. :mrgreen:

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
Sadly it is a standard price for anything esoterica online in China. I regretted smoking my 50g tin of Penzance here after I saw they can catch 100 dollars here.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
Man that is fucking crazy. It's obviously new pipe smokers who have no clue what's going on & think they just have to try this blend at all costs. People are sooo stupid its crazy. Did you ever wonder why pipe smoking has become so popular? It's ALL Lord of the Anal Ring Toss fans I swear to god. It's crazy. I'm just glad the masses have such bad taste or this would be a Gawith blend.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
Seriously man someone should start selling some cheap sutliff or lane flake and repackage it as Penzance for ebay. You are all good because people paying these prices have never smoked it before and have no clue what they are doing.

Oct 7, 2016
"You could try pre-selling it and then snagging some at retail to send out when you can get it, but good luck with that"
"He who sells what isn't his'n must buy it back or go to prison" Daniel Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.