Why We Can Never Go to the Vegas Show...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
One of my favorite events is the Vegas Pipe Show, but Greta and I can never go because it’s always a conflict with the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show which is our biggest event of the year. Oh well...I still was able to eat, drink, and occasionally smoke a pipe after the show..(and if this show looks big- it’s because it stretches for over a mile- the boats in the background are in the 150-220' range..) here are a few random pics of us, clients from Puerto Rico, and a few Boat pics...

98d1rt.jpg

wlt1s4.jpg

mcqek5.jpg

m7t9no.jpg

2rqbr6x.jpg

35by0ee.jpg

2j27ndl.jpg

http://a64.tinypic.com/2q2258h.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
We enjoy it, but it's a very intense 5 days...another 2 hours and we're done...Surprising how much we're seeing from clients in Puerto Rico...they may not have power other than generators, but they still are buying very nice boats...:)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
What a nice-looking couple.
Boats? I live in a nice flat territory. I hear that boats float, and you can catch fish off of them.
Sounds fun.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I'll be happy to spell you next year so that you and Miss Gretta may attend the Vegas show!
That sounds like a plan, but half of our business is in Espanol....Greta is priceless!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People with money enough to buy those huge beauties often don't spend so much time on them. 'Be nice to just own a nice one, find an appealing mooring, and live there, but I think few do. Looks like a dynamic event.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
mso489 writes:
Be nice to just own a nice one, find an appealing mooring, and live there, but I think few do.
A friend of mine has done exactly that, although with a less fancy boat. He likes it. I think there are possibilities here...

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Zack24:
No, el español hablado no es una de mis fortalezas lingüísticas, así que podría estar en alguna desventaja con cierta de su clientela. También, por favor perdóneme por deletrear mal el nombre de la señorita Greta!

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Zack, you are a lucky man. Being with your beautiful lady in a beautiful place. I can't imagine why anyone would ever choose to go to Vegas for anything. I had to (frequently) travel through there for my work a couple of decades ago and absolutely HATE the place. A sewer, IMO.
OK, I will leave now. 8O

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Well... not a Vegas fan, either, as a place to live. A place to visit? Hmm. I still owe one hotel for the sheets we used to escape when the suite party got too intense...

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
:D
Sorry Tim, no offense to you. I'm a hillbilly at heart. Too much 'light' in Vegas for me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
If you go out only during the day, the neon is way less noticeable. (!)
LV is very unique, at least in my experience of just about every major city in the USA.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
That's a good reason for not being able to visit the Vegas show actually. I've been to Boat Show once in Seoul, I've heard that Koreans were one of the best yacht builders in the world. I will try to dig up the pictures and share here.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Greta won't let me go to Vegas anyway- I told her the next time I go, I going to take the jump off the Stratosphere Tower ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IsRbipctKTk

I am just now getting my truck unloaded from doing an art festival this weekend myself. It looks like you guys had a great time, and great to hear that business is good. Maybe after a few more art shows I can buy a boat, ha ha. Mrs. Cosmic and I do occasionally talk about selling off everything and just buying a boat to drift around in, but I'd probably have to work on my knot tying skills first.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Cosmic, you don't need just any boat... you need a Royal Yacht.
(epic, crushing silence punctuated by groans)
I'll show myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.