PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasmartin

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2015
Unesco world heritage
Last summer, sitting outside a restaurant, a woman complemented me for the smell of my pipe. I was not smoking some vanilla bomb but London Mixture. Not that I'm a sucker for compliments from the fair sex but it was nice hearing this in these times where mostly you get bashed for your habit and it proofs my point that not all people find the smell of English blends offensive . And she was nice looking to!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I smoke mostly English blends, and in the last two weeks I've had several compliments on the scent, now living in a N. California coastal town. I've never had a complaint, except from my wife when I smoke inside.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Smell, hell. English blends are one of the anchors of the pipe culture. Don't like 'em? Don't smoke 'em. Easy.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Well, aromatics smell terrible to me,and taste like burnt candy.
Generally my issue as well, but then again, I have similar bad reactions to soft drinks, IPAs, whatever that crap is they make with goose livers, television and hip hop music.
The advantage of liking normal stuff is that it is always easy to find a favorite.
My compromise is Prince Albert. Available everywhere, tasty, and less burnt candy than 1Q or other soda pop tobaccos.
Smoke it if you like it... if you are ¡triggered! by criticism, maybe you do not really like it, or like it enough.
Heck, I go through a tin of Royal Yacht a week if I can and that makes me a social pariah in most circles. Just last month I was thrown out of an exclusive golf club for this preference.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
My nose must be broken. I like the smell.
Due to the winter extension we received from the Arctic recently, the Lat-forward jars are still at the front of the rotation, and the windows are closed (most of them, anyway). If visitors have felt like they were entering the next circle of hell, no one's said anything yet. :lol:

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Waitaminute ... !
A buddy and I were out walking earlier in the winter; I had some Dunhill My Mixture 965 going. My friend, a cigarette smoker, commented on the strength of the smell of what I was smoking; he added apologetically, "Once in a while, it smells like ... shit!"
:lol: -I guess not everyone likes it.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
At the time, not much. :lol:
This particular friend gets some grief from me about the cigs on a somewhat regular basis. He didn't start smoking until he was 30. 30?!? Who decides he wants to smoke cigarettes at 30? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.