Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I think she's a liberal.

Has nothing to do with it. The people in our society that want to get rid of all smokers, are the same people who wanted to get rid of alcohol in the 20s. Progressives. They exist in both parties and know what's best for you so you need to shut your mouth and just do what they say.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I didn't mean to kick the hive.
I'm out before the

images

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
In my experience, it's simply a matter of fact that some people are just a-holes and like to get in others business. I don't think it's a liberal or polictical thing. Unfortunately smokers seem to have become one of the acceptable groups to discriminate against this days it seems :(

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I'm just wondering why the woman thought she had the right to trespass on your friends property and tell all of you how to live your lives. The way I see it, I'd have probably said in a very polite (because I'm from Texas too and we're polite down here to the ladies) way... "Ma'am. What I'm legally doing on my own property with friends with a legal substance ain't none of your damn business. Now get off my property before I sick the dog on you. Thank you ma'am." I don't even have a dog... but I bet the lady would have thought twice before walking within sight of my place again.
exactly! what is a total stranger doing coming onto your friends patio?

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
That sort of behavior is just an unfortunate part of human nature. It's no different than bible thumpers so convinced of their righteousness that they need to interrupt my day and darken my porch to tell me all about it, or the a$$holes outside the polls trying to tell me how to vote as I walk in. It's not hard to find someone in this world who thinks they know better than you and are more than willing to yap about it.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Some people just want to be able to tell us what we can and can't do with our lives just like there are some people who want to be told what they can and can't do.
I agree there are people in both parties that want to tell us what to do however it is of my opinion that that percentage of people is MUCH higher in the democratic party.
NYC, California, Oregon and Washington are prefect examples of that.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
What I have found with non smokers or health nuts is this. I can speak from experience as my wife is a health nut. After explaining all of the benefits that I personally get from pipe smoking, especially how it relaxes me after a stressful day, she tried it herself. She has only tried it once, but I guess she felt that she couldn't judge it till she did it, and it mellowed her right out. Now when she is with me and people ask, she answers the questions for me, and since they know that she is extremely healthy, they seem to take her word for it, or at least begin to have an open mind. And comparatively pipe smoking though not really healthy is healthier than other options.

I'm trying to remember which book it was, but I do remember reading that in some towns of Germany in the 1700's, it was acceptable to beat a pipe smoker with a stick. I don't think this is anything new. We just have to fight it as our ancestors fought it, with warm smiles and and an aromatic wink.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
ep, it's not an issue of being a liberal or a conservative or anything else, but just being an unredeemable $%%&%&£&$%&%$%£$&%£%
Busybodies. :D There's a ton of 'em out there, on both sides of the political fence. They just differ in what they want to regulate. :P

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I love people who think they can force their beliefs on others.
I would have said, "Madame, whatever makes you think that I give a s**t about your opinion? Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one."

Status
Not open for further replies.