PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I found my small pipes were consistently being passed over, so, with the exception of a single clay, I sold them off. I do however, have a number of shallow chamber mid-large pipes that maintain the burn qualities I prefer, while reducing the tobacco volume a bit for those extra stout blends ?

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
If you like extra small pipes, I have enjoyed my Morgan One, which is a single piece of briar with no bit, the Kaywoodie Campus which is the only modern Kaywoodie with a stinger, and the Yello-Bole Pug, which has a removable stinger. These are my go to small pipes lately.

Reactions: kurtbob
Oct 7, 2016
That's good to know. I'm out of the buying game but hopefully others will find purchases more accurate to what they were hoping for.?
I have mentioned the helpful practice of showing one picture of a Czech tool adjacent to the pipe being offered to one seller who does regular auctions on eBay and is well thought of here. And by me. But he is too studly to change his ways. I still spend too much money with him. So maybe it is for the best.

• Haha
Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have mentioned the helpful practice of showing one picture of a Czech tool adjacent to the pipe being offered to one seller who does regular auctions on eBay and is well thought of here. And by me. But he is too studly to change his ways. I still spend too much money with him. So maybe it is for the best.
Tell Steve that even Bruce used an Old Boy. rotf

Reactions: oldgeezersmoker
Oct 7, 2016
BTW, to the OP’s question, for years I wouldn’t have small pipes. Over the last few years, I have acquired several that would have never drawn a second look years ago. Why? They all had something about them that was aesthetically unusual and pleasing to me. And they get smoked. A lot. Why? “You also smoke with your eyes.”

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
My group ones: 4 Dot Fishtail Sasieni, birth year Shell, Blatter Select mini-warden and Butz Choquin mini-warden (which was my Grandmother’s Pipe). Tin for reference.5779

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
I keep a couple small cobs for sampling at club meetings since they don’t ghost (much) and cool off quickly. The pipe I keep in my Miata for top-down commutes is a little Brebbia nosewarmer that just lasts most of the 35-40 minutes to work. Then there’s the small church warden-shaped thing I turn to when I want a hit of straight Perique (I get a blenders tub from Daughters & Ryan occasionally). Lots of good reasons to have small pipes.

stewartu

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2012
I’ve acquired two that come to mind. One was a thrifted Dunhill found in the deep and dark recesses of a Hong Kong junk shop about ten years ago. It’s a group 1 briar root that i payed a pittance for. The second is a little Peterson that was a raffle win when I attended a meeting of The Pipe Club of London a few months ago. Both are good quality and fun to smoke but, alas, just too small.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
"I like big pipes and I can not lie... " (anyone?)

However, I do have a few smalls. An Amphora bent is one of them and it's a great smoker. Still, a favor the larger pipes with healthy sized bowls. Chunky just feels nice in the hands.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Small pipes made a tall thread! I also like large pipes, but more so if they are surprisingly light weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.