PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlawitzke

Lurker
Oct 28, 2014
Bellevue, MI
Am I missing something? I am logged into the site. However, there seems to be no history kept of what threads and messages that I have read. There seems to be no way to go to a thread and end up at the first new unread post. I always get put at the top of the thread and have to wade through stuff that i've read already in order to see if/what is new. Is this how it really is (major usability flaw if that is the case) or am I missing something?
Now to go watch my email account to see if anyone replies as I don't seem to get notifications of replies through the web site either (yes, I am logged in).
I am hoping that it is simple user error on my part and easy to remedy.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
There is a search feature for topics and if you want to go to the most recent post on a thread click on the poster's time on the left. Hope this helps somewhat.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Even more precisely....Under the main heading "Forums" is a list of themes. When you click one of them you will see page numbers of past posts at the bottom of the page. Most will go back years. 8)
The Forum page heading "Latest Discussions" is a conglomeration of the most recent posts on ALL the themes. 8)

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
He's expecting to go into thread he has read before and be taken to the first post he hasn't read. Yeah, I noticed the lack of that feature too. Makes things seem a little clunky when you are used to the software taking you to your first unread post. I'd class it as a minor inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.