Who's Going To The Newark ('NY') Pipe Show?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I hate going to NJ. I may have to break my personal rule of avoiding NJ at all costs to make the show.
The only thing worse than going to NJ is going to Long Island.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The only thing worse than going to NJ is going to Long Island.
fitzy, what about the East End in the Summer...? :D Said with tongue firmly in cheek, but I lived in Montauk for 20 years, so I became a bit of an expert on that drive.
GO REDS!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The problem with Long Island (pronounced "lon-gisland" is that you have to drive to (and through) Long Island to get there.
Simon: I prefer bacon, scallops and garlic. And mushrooms. Maybe some spinach.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Simo
Given your predilection for Condor, your toppings choice for pizza will be "All of the Above". Yesterday at Morley's, I helped a new member Ulu a Condor Plug. He sacrificed a new MissMeer on it, and then proceeded to want to relieve himself - he wanted to unplug himself, as it were. I passed. Another newbie fell in love with it, not knowing any better, and so took it home.
hp

les
PS - I'm coming only if you bring Anna.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I only got one response (from Derekflint) about driving from Connecticut or Westchester, NY. So again, if anybody wants to share a ride from these locations, that would be great. Otherwise I’ll just have to sit it out.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I missed the last few because of work but I am not missing this one.

I look forward to seeing all of you who are able to attend.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
I am looking forward to this year's show.

I missed last year's due to medical issues.

Hopefully, I'll be good to go this year.

Best part is hitting JR Cigars for the "after party"......

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Newark will always hold a fond memory for me. Years ago I was looking for some pictorial reference for Mars Attacks! while researching for possible location shooting. So I called the Newark Chamber of Commerce to inquire if they knew of some good photo reference books on Newark. The person at the other end of the call broke into hysterical laughter and dropped the phone.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
As Sopranos fans, we loved our self guided tour of Newark. The Cathedral there is rather surprising. Huge, beautifully made and maintained. Worth a detour. It's not Notre Dame or Chartres or St. Pauls, but is quite impressive.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I spent some happy years visiting my girlfriend on Long Island and making day trips to Manhattan, where she used to live in Greenwich Village. I never had to drive the LIE, but she did it with ease, new the access roads to evade traffice, and so on. Now my girlfriend is my wife and living in North Carolina. I like it that the Chicago Pipe Show is in Pheasant Run, out in the country, and the NY Pipe Show is in NJ. Affordable venues that provide room to spread out.

Status
Not open for further replies.