Whoo! I just burned through a Night Cap bowl in record time...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
2 Fresh Kent Rasmussen Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckpiper

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2018
I was fine sitting there, but when I got up to come in, I was a bit dizzy. I think I'll go a bit slower next time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Drink a big glass of water, and get a good night's sleep. That was my first experience with Nightcap, but it wasn't all bad.

Jan 8, 2013
Pipes are best smoked as slowly as possible. It's not something you want to hurry. It ruins the taste of the tobacco, can cause nasty tongue bite, and can overheat your pipe possibly leading to burnout, and of course might make you dizzy. Go slow, enjoy the smoke :puffy:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
A year or three ago, I had a mild case of nicotine poisoning, ie smoked too much, at one of our pipe club meetings. Basically, I was woozy and decided to stay in the shop until I felt safe to drive. I have been told that in extreme cases, you run into the bathroom, and have a hard time deciding which end to aim at the toilet.
I prefer Jolly Ranchers to chocolate. The problem is low sugar.

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
GLP Quiet nights and Nightcap are both strong. Why do they make the high nicotine blends for nighttime?

deckpiper

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2018
I had two brownies, and a small glass of red wine. Not sure the wine was helpful, but I figured it had sugars in it. Everything was fine.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you always smoke unfiltered pipes or filter pipes without filters, a filter can help for pipe shows or pipe clubs when you smoke considerably more than usual.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I have been told that in extreme cases, you run into the bathroom, and have a hard time deciding which end to aim at the toilet.

I experienced this a few weeks ago, after smoking my first cigar. I asked the tobacconist to give me something ultra light as I had never smoked cigars before, so she sold me a Don Diego corona. Maybe it was my mistake to pair it with coffee, but I only got about 2/3's of it before feeling sick. Didn't have any chocolate, I was very nauseous, but I hate puking, so I just laid down for 3 hours or so, then I had some wine and went back to bed. Have been afraid of trying another cigar since then, even though I have a full box of habanos.

Smoking faster gives you less nicotine, not more. You have to absorb it through the small blood vessels and this takes a lot longer than inhaling with cigarettes. I smoke slowly as to allow time for as mich nicotine as possible to be absorbed. If I smoked a high nic blend faster, I probably wouldn’t get as mich nocotine as a low nicotine blend.
That said, keep a bit of chocolate by you while smoking, and when you get the wrenches, take a bite. It’s your sugar running out, and a little boost of sugar will keep you in the game. Personally, to me, Nightcap is a moderate nic hit. Keep on smoking, you’ll eventually get some tolerance.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Last night, I was sitting out on the front stoop, smoking a bowl of Gawith and Hoggarth Dark Flake in my Vermont Freehand Morta Cherrywood. About halfway through the bowl, I realized that that I needed to use the bathroom, but knew I'd be looking like Otis Campbell, stumbling all the way there. It's surprising how quickly you recover after putting down the pipe, though. Phew.
otis_dip.jpg

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
G&H Dark Plug will give you the same result...gotta learn to take it easy with high test.

deckpiper

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2018
Family gave me the night off, and I had a full bowl of GLP Quiet Nights tonight...leisurely smoke by comparison. No problems.
It is a very rough cut...comes in clumps. But, I just push it into the bowl. If you smoke Quiet Nights, so do you rub it out into a finer consistency? I don't seem to have a problem smoking it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.