PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Who is your favorite pipe tobacco blender? In the past mine would have been Bob "Morleysson" Runowski but unfortunately Bob left us last year. Right now I would nominate Russ Ouellette first with J.M. and Dan Boswell right behind. Craig Tarler and Carole Burns also deserve honorable mention. What are some of your favorites?
Smokey

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
I have only tried a few brands but I love Petersons so far, their Connoisseurs choice is fantastic. I am waiting on some McClelland Tudor Castle and that could be even better.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
I've only had one blend from Steven Books "For Meerschaums Only Reserve" I don't know if it was the 40+ year aged tobaccos in the blend or what but it was simply amazing. If his other blends are half as good, I'd say he's my favorite. I'm very curious about his "Ancient Imperial" blend but at 65 dollars an ounce I doubt I'll be trying any of it any time soon.

danz

Lurker
Jan 11, 2012
New Zealand
Samuel G. I hate the way they pack there flakes, paying for water etc, but i cant stop buying them.
Then probably Orlik, covers quite a large spectrum.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I really like a lot of Russ's blends, McClellands has some Grand Orientals I keep in stock and for the big company, I have lots of MacBarens Vintage Syrian in the cellar.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
C&D for me as well. So many choices from them. Only gone through 4 so far, and like them. I may never catch up with the variations, as more cleverly-named products keep appearing. Have to hope they won't later drop any newly-found favorites.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Based on what I smoke most, McClelland and Samuel Gawieth.
But I am DEEPLY grateful for Russ O and GLP and their commitment to the community.

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
My recent discovery of Greg's stuff puts him atop my list...Key Largo is an AMAZING blend as is, I've recently found out, Jack Knife Plug...

Status
Not open for further replies.