PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

standardgewehr

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2011
I like blends from just about everyone named so far in this thread, but my all time #1 favorite is without a doubt the inimitable GLP.
I would also like to track down whoever came up with St. Bruno Flake and give them two snaps up and a high five.

heraclitian

Lurker
Mar 3, 2012
GL Pease is great!

Only the vintage Dunhill EMP, Dunhill Nightcap, Three Nuns, Sobranie, Escudo and some Samuel Gawith's are at the same league for me. I'm sad that I know about his tobacco too late and have not tried his "high end" latakia tobaccos like Bohemian Scandal, Raven's Wings etc.. They are now all discontinued.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Shame on all of you.
That's like picking your favorite child!
A plague on your tobacco cellar!
:rofl:

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
My top 3 are Jack Peterson of Sterling/1776 Tobaccos, Russ Oulette of Hearth and Home, and Steven Books of House of Meerschaum. While Russ and Steven are excellent blenders - Jack Peterson, a Senior Citizen, continues to amaze me with his imagination and generosity.
As a 4th - and last but not least - Whoever blends for LJ Peretti's is also a Master - my hat is off to you Sir.
And let us not forget Mr. Prolific himself - the man with imagination and skill - Craig Tartler.
I would also list the above in the following manner:
Best English Blender - LJ Peretti Blender

Best Perique Blender - Russ Oulette

Best All Round Blender - Tie: Jack Peterson & Steven Books

Best Burley Blender - Tie: Russ Oulette & LJ Peretti Blender

Best Imagination in Blending - Tie: Craig Tartler & Jack Peterson

Best in the Creation of Pipe Tobacco Blends - Craig Tartler

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
give-peas-a-chance.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice one Lawrence!
I think my favorite blender is Orlick I believe they make the Peterson blends I enjoy so much.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Whoever is doing the blending for Mac Baren. I'm loving a lot of Mac Baren blends right now.
That would be Frank Blues, who was Lane's #1 pipe guy for many, many years.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Up untill recently my tobacco was very narrow in blenders Jack Peterson from Sterling tobacco and Steven Books

House of Calabashe. I used more of Jacks blends because hes not too far from me I email in the morning and have it the next day even did a pick up when when I was up his way instead of shipping 3 lbs lol.

Recently I had some Gl pease sent to me and the little sample I had I liked but it wasnt really enough to tell as it wasnt a full bowl but I will be giving some of his stuff a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.