Who is (are) your favorite tobacco makers?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelman

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2012
OK everyone has a favorite singular blend or flake etc..... but which makers/houses do you feel make the finest overall selection of tobaccos...based on quality & consistency?
My limited experience has been Samuel Gawith and Esoterica (I guess it's really Germain)......

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I started with MacBaren because a wide variety is locally available to me. They pretty much cover the bases for me. If all I could find was MacBaren I think I could live with it.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Its a tough call, but +1 to papipeguy as this would be my preference and ranking as well.
#1 C&D

#2 Sam Gawith

#3 McClelland

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
In no particular order: Sam Gawaith (Balkan Flake and Best Brown), Peterson (Old Dublin rules), McCranies (Red Ribbon and Murdock's Pipe) MacBaren (HH Vintage Syrian).

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
1. HH. I don't think i have tried one i don't like yet.

2. SG. Balkan and Best Brown Flake are great. Just found out i love FVF as well.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
C&D, I mean holy hell, that gives you the house blends as well as Pease and Hermit. I could smoke happily with just them.
Germain, besides the couple of Esoterica blends that people seem to enjoy, they make Special Latakia Flake, the perfect pipe tobacco.
Honorable mention to Pipeworks and Wilke.

ckquatt

Lurker
May 31, 2012
I love anything by McClelland. My runner up used to be Samuel Gawith, but now I'm really loving C&D lately.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I could be happy smoking Boswells elusively.
I also tend to look at the Peterson and C&D shelves first.

Jul 12, 2011
All have their "it's ok" blends but they also have their "WOW" blends as well, IMHO...and the journey continues ;-)

SG

MC

C&D

H&H

Peretti

Boswell

Pease

Peterson

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Samuel Gawith is my favorite maker by far. Sterling Tobacco Co. is not far behind along with McClelland.

Status
Not open for further replies.