PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
614-08641287en_Masterfile.jpg
Who holds the record for getting threads closed?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Roth was the guy with the most posts to get ousted, I think. He was very smart, knowledgeable, but could be contentious, if I recall. I think he's still around on pipe sites.

The problem with accessing the number is the word “caused.” Was it the person who triggered someone to go off and break a rule, or the ones who jumped in to make matters worse, or just who has the shortest fuse and least self-restraint? And, usually the one who has least self-restraint, blames everyone or someone else. And, from the mods perspective, sometimes it’s everyone else who jumps in that indicates that there is a problem. Sorting out “who” requires conversation amongst the team. So, it’s not so easy to pinpoint one particular person that “causes” a thread to get closed. But, they usually know. :puffy:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
We're looking for the person who has (overtly, ostensibly) caused the most threads to be closed.
And when they are found! :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypW9ptwviRU

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
As a related question, what has caused the most threads to be closed?? Political commentary, off topic “crazy” posts, or mean aggressive posts??
I think political . There are certain members who seemingly always turn a thread political. At the same time I have seen many a thread closed for the off the wall ideas and commentary. I actually don’t mind the off the wall posts about weird things, kind of funny (but I have a weird sense of humor)
I am apolitical, never voted , don’t understand why people get so wound up and feel the need to assert their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.