PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Hello again guys,
Tomorrow I would like to buy a new pipe and I am torn between this two beauties-

I like the 31 because it is the only straight pipe in the System catalog, and the XL 23 I just like a lot.
Any experience with any of them? Pros, cons, etc?
Your input would be very much appreciated.
Cheers,
J
Peterson_Kinsale_XL23_Smooth_Fishtail_Kit_WM__78241.1348156123.1280.1280_zps8wzqzhao.jpg

pm-pptssp-31-r.png_zps4gkxpcfc.jpg

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
I have a 31 and it's a great smoker. It's the only straight system shape, in case you're looking for that. It's also small.

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
System 31 is very small can't hold much tobacco; not very comfortble to clench due to its fat stem; the quality is probably not as good as you would expect; its only redeeming quality is being good-looking. That Kinsale is modeled after Sherlock Holmes Lestrade, larger, full-bent, easy to clench. So I'd say the latter.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
The smooth Kinsale XL23 has been my favorite Peterson that I don't own for a while. I would grab it. It is a no-brainer. I have a rusticated XL22 also.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Ok. TahkS for all the replies.

I thinkI got a bad case of PAD.

I went cazy and got three new pipes!
1. New old stock BBB Spigot 304 sand blasted

2. Peterson pipe of the year 2014 sand blasted

3. Btebbia pipe of the year 2004 reverse calabash panneled
The BBB I got because I couldn't help myself. I just love spigots and military mounts and the pipe is gorgeous.

The Pete I got because it looks like the 31 But bigger

The brebbia is jus amazing and I've been wanting a reverse calabash for a while.
Will plst pics on monday.
Thanks por all the answer.
Cheers,
J

janosh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2015
Hungary
I had a Kildare XL02 and loved it. (maybe it was my fault, but it was always hot with every tobacco - and nothing helped)

Peterson's are great smokers, but be careful when you buy it (I don't prefer buying a Peterson online)

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
XL 23, great pipe, I cut the cotton tip off a Q-tip & place it in the well of a system pipe. Dump after each smoke. keeps the smoke dry & well clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.