PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
While I'm fond of whole bean coffee freshly ground at home and have tried many types, have never found any I particularly like better than Cafe Bustello, a canned ground coffee I can get off the shelf at Walmart for 1/2 the cost. Very nice Latin style espresso roast.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Major Dickason (Peet's) for a blend, and Costa Rican for a single origin brew. Both work well ground for drip, or for an espresso machine. Colombian is good, as is a bunch of others that Peet's roasts and sells fresh.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Maxwell house! I like good ol' black coffee, a pot every morning, ground Colombian bean and hot water, the stuff you used to get at a gas station, none of the frilly foofoo crap.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I'm happy with either Maxwell House or Folgers. I think my wife buys the Columbian blends of these brands. A little creme and I'm good. I do enjoy an Espresso once in a while.
Mike S.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Blend: Bulldog Blend from Steady Eddy's in Winters or Major Dickason from Peet's

Single origin: Café Diria Costa Rican, or Peet's roast of it.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Best coffee I know of is what I'm drinking right now! Two days in the making and very much worth the wait.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
I can't believe the Louisiana boys don't drink chicory! It's CDM for me-- about 3/4 coffee, 1/4 heavy cream. Drank that for a long time, but I've switched mainly to black Assam tea the past several years with a bit of half and half.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Light cream works real well and is a lot less expensive than heavy or whipping cream. Half & Half is too much like milk for me.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
We use a french press for most of our coffee but on mornings where I am going to be writing and will need a lot of coffee I will use a drip. It took me 6 months to finish my book and I killed a couple of machines. I like french roast and prefer Kona coffees but Jittery Joes in Athens, Ga produces some great coffee. And all Starbucks should be shutdown for toxic waste production.
picsplay_1491028674631-448x600.jpg

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I made a fairly tasty coffee blend, roughly 60-40 Dark Burley and Virginia Ribbon with a dusting of Cigar Leaf and condimental Dark Fired Kentucky Burley, then flavored with a mixture of vodka and whisky in which coffee grounds had been heated and then filtered. Not bad, but no caffeine effect. Drat!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
My current favorite is Caffeine and Hate by Black Rifle Coffee Company following closely by Caffeine as Fuck (CAF) also by the same company. Btw, it's a veteran owned company. Great service and great blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.