PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
matches, no for my Dad too! He has alzheimer's, so he won't remember how good it was, but he sure smiled while he ate!
and btw, you and I are gonna have to sort out our avatar pic lol.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Do you make your own horseradish sauce?
Of course! is there any other way to do it?
Did you do that in the smoker? Boneless when smoked?
Yes, on both, but I did not "smoke" it persay, I have a grill smoker and put the coals at one end and the meat on the other. It was not low and slow, but rather a HOT smoke, 300degrees.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
That's just cruel. What's next, a pic of you making out with Kate Upton?

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Looks delicious! I bet it tastes delicious as well! I may need to try that this summer, It seems I've been on a smoked turkey kick lately, a little BBQ sauce on the side and it's gone by the time it hits the table:)

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
My oh my does that ever look delicious...and cooked to perfection!!

Makes we want to run out and fire up my smoker. Enjoy!

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Dang boy, cook the cow. That thing is still bleeding!
I'm with Pipestud on this one...put it back on the fire!
:rofl: you guys crack me up!
Ya ya, I know.. you overcooked dried out no flavor meat lovers got your thing, to each his own on that one, but having said that and being some what of a hack chef, a mother who was a chef, and a daughter who is a chef... I'm pretty sure that when I say this is the way this beef should be eatin, then that's a fact jack. Anything else and you have ruined it in some form or fashion... culinarily speaking.
Oh.. you can't tell but that's rosemary garlic oven roasted tator wedges.. very yummy! :puffy:

There is a restaurant here that serves their aged beef in a pool of juices like that, and at $45 a plate, the beef just dissolves in your mouth. No chewing required. I saw one girl protest when they brought her, her steak. The place is known for this, and yet she demanded it be taken back and recooked. The waiter had the manager come over and he told her that they would bring her a chicken breast on the house, but there was no way that they would destroy a steak like that. Ha ha. If you overcook an aged beef, you might as well have just ordered a cheap T-bone.
That looks delicious. Kuddos on your skills in the kitchen!!! I have not yet perfected beef in this way, but I am working on it. :puffy:

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"The waiter had the manager come over and he told her that they would bring her a chicken breast on the house, but there was no way that they would destroy a steak like that."
I always tell the server that I want my steak well-done, no pink, and that if it not cooked to my order, then I will be sending it back to the kitchen until it is right. To-date I have never had a problem with this approach.
Having said that, had a server told me what was quoted above, then I would have immediately left that restaurant, never to return. I am paying for that piece of meat, and I am the one who will eat it (provided that it is properly cooked), so phooey on the Chef's opinion! As a gentleman for whom I once worked said, "The customer is always right...even when you darn well know that he's wrong!" :)

You probably wouldn't have gone to this restaurant, or they would have explained when you ordered. This girl was just clueless. But, you have to wait in line for no less than an hour on any day of the week, and a dinner for two usually costs over a c-note. It is the most divine steak experience that I have had yet. And, I can't even imagine what "better" would be like. We only go on my birthday, and I look forward to it all year long. The inside looks like the set to an old Dallas episode. My absolute favorite place to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.