Where'd You Spend Your Weekend? (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thought I'd kickstart a thread where we can capture those places we love to go for rest, respite and of course a good smoke.
This long weekend found my wife and I at my folks farm. They have 100 acres (60 bush and 40 cleared) near Algonquin Park in the highlands of middle Ontario. In addition to all their own veggies, eggs, a meat flock of roosters, they also grow many different berries for a commercial jam/jelly and flavoured vinegar operation. They also tap their own maple bush for syrup every spring. Truly a wonderful place to be, for great company, good physical work, and rest and recreation.
Here are some pics:
Wild Blueberries

Blackberries coming on

The tater patch

The back 40

The bow stand... waiting for autumn

Wild Brown Eyed Susan

House from the back

The workshop/office and root cellar

Pink granite wall and root cellar

The house from the front

Pink granite wall and the tomato patch

Perennials and biannuals

The woodshed, where I spent much of the weekend

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
beautiful home and land... That root cellar reminds me of a hobbit hole!

Aug 1, 2012
Wow, that place is absolutely beautiful. I spent the weekend with my parents visiting the old family homes (Great-great-great-grandfathers) in Heber and Midvale Utah. Not quite as idyllic but still enjoyable.

Aug 14, 2012
Just back from the new house in Woodstock NY. They are still working on the renovations, but here is a picture of the front.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Hey foggy - that looks great - big congrats to you. I cannot recall exactly what it looked like before - but it wasn't red - correct? I really like it, and I see what appears to be a new fireplace or stove chimney.
Hope you're enjoying the country life!

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I had a busy weekend gigging. First, a festival in WI which landed us on fox news, then a retirement party in Oak Brook IL, which had the president of Walgreens and many other higher ups in attendance!
http://youtu.be/XMaBVn3SICQ
null_zps20b98b88.jpg

null_zps4c5615b0.jpg

null_zpsbbce044e.jpg

null_zpsfb6cdb0b.jpg

null_zpsf76e6511.jpg

null_zps62631058.jpg

null_zps001a789e.jpg

null_zps8cc0ab1c.jpg

null_zps4c6a77ed.jpg

null_zps89bd8c32.png

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
It's been to long and won't let me edit, wanted to link the video embedded, so here it is. Also, Another pic (this was used as the thumbnail on the Fox11 site for anything relating to the festival :D)

UGH! and now after many attempts, I can't embed the video. You'll just have to click the link! And this pic was worth the double post anyway.
:puffy:

Aug 14, 2012
Six: It is a stove, which is not really needed for heat, but I am ordering a cord of wood anyway. Got a rocking chair on the front porch, perfect smoking spot. I am having the dining room converted to a pipe room. The previous color was a pink or faded red.

Status
Not open for further replies.