Where to Buy an Affordable, Good Quality, Decent Size Meerschaum?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So I've really decided I need to gets me a nice Meerschaum pipe or two. I've hunted here and there and from what I can see, the bigger site sponsors have a fairly limited selection of meerschaum pipes. The only other places I've looked that deal exclusively in Meerschaum, they're a little bit out of my league. So here's what I'm trying to find in a Meerschaum, and hopefully these criteria aren't too unrealistic:
I want something with a decent sized bowl. Doesn't have to be huge, but something that can offer a good half hour smoke at least.
Doesn't have to look overly fanciful, but a cool claw design or something a little off the wall would be bonus.
Trying to stay around the $100 range, would be willing to go as high as $150 if I find one that really sings to me.
Most of all, I want it to be of good quality. I know that among Meerschaum snobs (meersnobs? 8O) there is such a thing as "bad quality" and "good quality", but I have a feeling that a good portion of the pipes you can get through reputable dealers would be pretty decent. I know that Meerqueen has some pretty fair prices on their website, anyone here have any experience with them?

jd11

Lurker
May 8, 2014
I'll be watching this one... I'm looking to pick up my first meer too. Good luck on your quest..

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I've always held off showing my favorite source because I didn't want to appear that I'm advertising for her on the forum. But beings you asked directly I think I can share without breaking the rules or trouble from the moderators. Try looking on eBay at the seller "meerschaumpipes", eBay store: "Merco Meeerschaum Pipes" She has a large selection and ships quickly. On every purchase she has excepted a lower offer than her posted price. As much as 25% on occasion, but that could be because I'm a repeat customer...

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I picked up two estate meers from SmokingPipes.com with which I've been happy. Both were carved lattices, one a a billard, the other a calabash, each less than a hundred. I saw several with claw bowls, carved faces, and other exotic pieces. They also carry two or three lines of new meers.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
All the meers I own I've purchased from other members here on the forum. All very good quality Altinoks for under $120. Cant beat that with a stick.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I only have one meer. Got it from AndMeershaum. Great price and so far seems to be an excellent pipe. I thoroughly enjoy smoking it. BTW, it is the one I'm smoking in my avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.