PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winterland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Minneapolis
I have been smoking on our outside back patio. Will soon be getting very cold outside.

Do you smoke in your house?

Does the smell linger?

I have been just smoking one bowl a day in the evening.

martini

Lurker
Sep 28, 2011
Posted by hobie1dog:
Thread already in progress as Paul mentioned, so we oughta condense them into just one.

Well, that one is a picture thread and there will probably be posters that don't mind answering the OP here but don't have or want to upload any pics.
I smoke mostly on the back porch or in my or someone else's backyard. The closest I come to smoking indoors is occasionally in my garage or while driving.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I'm a back porch, garage smoker. I never smoke in my car. Its the first new car I have owned in my life so I keep it nice and clean. If I was still driving my old pick up I would probably smoke in it but not my new baby!

rafterman

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2011
I smoke in my house. I live alone, and don't really notice any terrible smells. My girlfriend has never made a negative comment on any odor either.
I will say that I've noticed burley blends tend to leave the strongest residule odor, almost akin to a stale cigarette smell, IMO.
I mostly smoke VA dominate type tobacco's, and they don't really smell up the joint too bad. YMMV.
-Travis

xray

Might Stick Around
Oct 1, 2011
NJ
I don't see how this or any other thread adds to clutter. I don't think there is any clutter to begin with.
Besides this thread being without pics, people are discussing where they smoke, where they don't smoke and the reasons why. It's pretty much a different topic.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
So back to the OP....
Pipe smell disapates pretty fast, but you should still air out the room/house/area when you are done smoking.
And I would only smoke aros in the house. Any "English" bends with latakia,perique, or orientals could linger and some foreign noses may take offense. And actually that might apply to straight burleys as well... Just stick to aros and you'll be fine. Worst cast senario it smells like cookies :wink:

emarkle

Lurker
Sep 2, 2011
In the summer I smoke in the shop; it's the only smoking-approved indoor area with AC. During the Fall and Winter, I smoke outside.

baldy

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2011
I'm self employed and spend a lot of time driving in my truck. That's my main smoking base. Besides that, I also smoke at cigar herfs.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Outside now but, Man Cave soon come. I get the garage AND the second floor. She gets the room next to the garage.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I smoke where ever I want as long as I own it. ;) House, cars, garage, etc... We don't have that many visitors and the only one who would really complain is Dad. Besides, God provided us with Febreeze and AirWick candles to cover up the smell of dog so our air is always some form of scented.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
The clubhouse (shed), back porch, and my Jeep, and the good Lord's wide open spaces. There is a smoking room on the rig as well.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
In the Bar, well, Bar in the making, the house we bought a couple of years ago, the previous owner added a two car garage :worship: on the side of the car port and enclosed the car port, making an extra room that is separated by a door from the rest of the house. When I saw that room I knew the Bar was comming with Jukebox, darts, actual bar counter, fridge, maybe a pool table, (still working that angle :? ). Considering we stopped smoking in the house years ago, it was perfect. I cannot call it a man cave because my better half smokes and hangs out there too and she can kick my ass in darts 8O so it has turned into the study/library/party/smoking/whatever room.

Status
Not open for further replies.