PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
10416913_10152066098981712_1609577266_n.jpg

My back porch :) and my truck.... and in the woods.... and everywhere else pretty much lol.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
in toronto canada - NOWHERE - only sidewalk soon- now there is intention to ban on patios & public parks - patio ban is not yet in effect but my favorite corner bar put up a sign no pipes or cigars - cigs are ok even tho they do stink but thats where the drinking money comes from - even inside a tobacco shop it is illegal to smoke & NO samples even a bowl full to try is illegal.
yesterday they voted in the provincial dictator who intends to pass the patio & park ban. she even came in with a majority so she wont be out so soon.

duqgrad

Lurker
Jun 23, 2014
I would try finding a Pipe/cigar shop with a lounge. I live near 3 Cigars International and at least two of them have multiple lounges with billiards, TV's, WiFi and good people to talk to. One of the stores has two fully stocked bars!

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
This whole month I've been smoking at my house. The weather down here in south Texas has been hell. Hot and humid so I rather enjoy smoking my pipe indoors with the a/c inside and a cold beer as well. Plan on going to the beach more this next month so the beach will be the next place I'll smoking my pipes with better weather.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I typically smoke when and wherever I please. Inside, outside, it doesn't matter to me. If someone gets offended, I will try to accommodate them, but I will not go beyond any reasonable means to please them.
:clap:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I like to smoke on my front porch, but heat and humidity are rising, so I smoke indoors as well. I have been a bit concerned for my wife with the lingering smoke. She doesn't complain, actually she enjoys it to some extent.

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
Indoors and outdoors. The outdoors is mainly my back garden, where I can sit and whilst enjoying a good book can smoke my pipe. Indoors is no problem as there is only me! However, I tend to have as many windows and doors open until quite late in the day just for the ventilation. Occasionally I'll smoke in the car, but not often. I avoid public smoking, though, simply because of the reactions and comments that might fly my way. You don't see many pipers these days and the curiosity aspect might get a bit tedious. I'm happy with things as they are. However, I'll be attending a pipe show next month and will simply enjoy smoking with fellow pipe enthusiasts.

George

smokingstatue

Lurker
Jun 18, 2014
I'm about to go out to the coffee shop I smoke at almost exclusively. Here in the sunshine state smoking is a big hit because most older folks down here have yellow teeth and stained fingers, so when I'm out smoking my pipe(or in the bingo hall where I'm 'the young buck who smokes something that smells like cherry') most people think it's neat and want to know what kind of tobacco I use. I have had glares if I smoke a cigar at the coffee shop but I stay downwind and if 1 person has a problem and asked me to move I would, glares tho will only get you a puff in the face when I go inside to "get some sugar".

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I smoke outdoors most of the time but love to have a pipe while driving. I don't even mind being stuck in traffic as long as I have a pipe, tobacco and a reliable fire starter. I did get away with some basement smoking during this past winter, brutal as many know. I have snuck in a few pipes while lounging in the recliner, watching the TV if the windows are open and I know the wife's going to be out for a while. Pipe smoke doesn't seem to linger like cigar smoke does. If my wife's bird dog nose can't pick it up, what I just said must be true!

hippiebrian

Lurker
Jul 1, 2014
Here in Long Beach, Ca. there are several coffee houses with outdoor seating where I smoke a pipe. Since I've gone from latakia blends to burleys, which actually smell pleasant to most non-smokers, I haven't had a problem. I was at a coffee house last week and a couple walked by, obviously not noticing the pipe in my hand, and the woman said "That's nice. I wonder what kind of incense that is?" The funny part (to me anyhow) is that here boyfriend / husband said "I don't really know!"
Seriously, stick to real coffee houses (not Starbucks which has banned smoking outdoors), drop the latakia and if that doesn't work just come on down to Long Beach.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
where i am now in my basement mancave with a fan in the window so the smoke don't travel upstairs and alert the wife I'm piping. I just say its incense if she gets a scent of some smoke. She doesn't know i pipe,neither does my landlord,gotta keep it on the DL lol I live in Boise now and it is very very different from S.Philly but people in Boise don't seem to frown to much when I'm in park piping it up or walking on the greenbelt, nothing like in Cali from what i hear :puffy:

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
@tslex
Nice sitting area! And pipe & baccy palace. makes me want to redo my area,well done

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
I smoke my pipe at home. No park exhibitionist here unless I know there is a bingo hall in town. I'll be there smoking my pipe with anticipation of the old ladies and thier applause.
Let's get real For a moment. Do you own a rusty white van? Gonna paint 'free tobacco' on it and drive around town while you act as if you are hosting the masterpiece theater?
Im sure everyone would think that is a great idea...
Well, you holding a tobacco pipe isn't gonna change anyone's mind about it.
Do we need free-lancing marketing tool bags in the wild? Most probably not.
Wow I'm negative tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies.