PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Coffee in the morning, and then water after the morning. I usually have a bowl in the morning while I'm still drinking coffee. During the day if I smoke it's an off-and-on bowl, but at night I like to relax with a bowl and bourbon on the rocks---lately Maker's Mark---or sometimes a port or a big red if it's in the house.

I am interested in exploring teas---never really drank tea---but I would like something caffeinated but smoother than coffee to drink during the day.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I really enjoy a bowl with a small mug of Honey Mead (honey wine). I have a few bottles of Dansk Mjod in the cabinet for special occasions. One with caraway, and another with ginger/hops.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I really enjoy a bowl with a small mug of Honey Mead (honey wine)
I really expected this line to be wrought with sarcasm..
"When it comes time to set down my war axe after a long day of pillaging and pick up my pipe, I enjoy a thrice fermented honey mead from the horn of a wilderbeast I slew on the plains of Norfork."
I'm trying to develop my newb palette so just water for me. Sommmmetimes a stout or porter but alcohol tends to increase my pace and ruin the smoke.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Only coffee. I've tried spirits with smoking, but it just wasn't for me. Craft beers I can do, but I don't usually dig into my beer fridge for them when I'm about to smoke.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I really expected this line to be wrought with sarcasm..
"When it comes time to set down my war axe after a long day of pillaging and pick up my pipe, I enjoy a thrice fermented honey mead from the horn of a wilderbeast I slew on the plains of Norfork."
If I were to mention slaughtering a wilderbeast in Norfork, it would not be sarcasm. I actually live 24 miles from Norfork Arkansas. :D

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I googled "North Central Arkansas": Norfork was the first thing I saw on the map :wink:

125osprey

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
Sometimes, but not too often, I'll have a beer or a scotch or an El Dorado 12 year old rum with my pipe. But I usually don't like to have the flavour of the alcohol compete with the flavours of the tobacco. I usually just have a club soda when I smoke. I think I will give black coffee a shot and see how it goes.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Whatever I happen to be drinking. I don't put much thought into it, I just drink whatever and smoke whatever. I do find some blends like Va and a glass of whisky really work together but I don't always want to drink whisky, especially in the morning. You can't go wrong with a glass of water. Some people mention pop like cola really not going together well but I don't think I've ever tried that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.