PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
@Uber-as I was scrolling on my phone I thought that was a beer. LOL. A nice tall perfectly poured beer.
As a pipe I would really like. I dig the Bruce Weaver Sandblasted pipes.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nic, that Howell you posted again really pulls at my heart strings, and I usually don't care for shapes like that. What a blast and finish.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Oh by the way - I forgot to attribute the picture of the Howell clam. It's from Neill Archer Roan's (http://www.apassionforpipes.com/neills-blog/2010/9/23/what-a-blast.html) blog. He is a great master of pipe photography.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am on the hunt for my birth year Dunhill a 1957. It has to be all original, no replaced stems or that kind of thing. It has the be a group 4 or 5 and shape is important. The finish I prefer is shell but will settle for others. I have yet to see even one that is original at any dealer or on ebay. This could take a while.

sjfine

Mar 4, 2012
p0608_1.jpg

Enough said.

madmick

Lurker
Oct 31, 2012
Nording Freehand Highgrade #20. Just so hard to lay down that much coin and even more difficult to smoke it. Its a work of art.

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
Becker-1.jpg

Here you are. It's a Becker and Musico...made in Rome by Paulo Becker. The pipe has always been large on the outside, but small on the inside. Too chunky to clench properly so it requires a free hand. Still, it's a beauty and one of my fat favorites.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
but also in some way difficult to obtain:

I'd say mine fits into that category. It's part briar, part calabash. It was $145 on ebay, but I didn't have the cash at the time. I would have bought it without thought if I had the money

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
A yanik reverse skull. There is one up on his eBay currently. I have seen others that are maybe prettier (ahem... $700 lattice eagle claw there as well), but that skull is about the most figural that I would trust myself to handle and smoke. If you get a chance to check it out it would not be a waste of your time. Admittedly I am on a meer binge currently though so I may be partial. :puffy:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
The pipes made by Mike Butera and Bo Nordh would be what I desire but could not afford. Plus they are sought after by many and hard to find on the estate market.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Been trying to get a Dunhill Cumberland for awhile; that's the one that keeps getting away on the auction sites. I am looking for an Armellini Sumerler pistol grip freehand, but that is more like a unicorn than a white whale.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
A little clarification on the 'White Whale' idea for me. Would this 'white Whale' be a pipe that would be impossible to find OR impossible to afford relative to us? Both could cause our own destruction, but both could be different pipes...
Edit:
For expensive, I'd say anything by Talbert. Far out of my budget (at least yet!)

oldredbeard

Jul 20, 2012
I got that 1962 (birth year) Dunhill Root Briar I wanted, so I guess my white whale would be any Jess Chonowitsh. Every one I have ever seen was beautiful and way out of my price range. Ahhhhh, maybe some day.

Aug 14, 2012
A Dunhill English Bulldog, which is a bent billiard with a flip back silver cap in the shape of a bulldog head. I very much enjoyed the link about Sixten Ivarsson, above.

joshwolftree

right now my white whale is somewhere in a house about an house from me that is unlived in and contains three houses worth of stuff...My grandad aparantley smoked a dunhill the entire way through the korean war...it has a fragment of a the mortar round that gave him his purple heart embedded in the side of the bowl. My dad knows it's in the house somewhere but has no idea where. He says pop used to smoke it even after the war so I would assume it's still smokable. we just can't seem to find the dang thing. theres also a dented as hell zippo with his name and unit on it somewhere in the house too. It's not going to be expensive but finding it well thats gonna be the hard part. Trip up this Thursday to help dad out with some stuff needs done up there...maybe this trip I'll find it,sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.