PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperRowan

Lurker
Jul 2, 2019
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

Hi mates,

The whole range of Dunhill was being discontinued in the UK in 2017, while some popular selections of Dunhill even became unavailable back to 2016. Just a month ago, Peterson released the Dunhill range with the Peterson trademark on them and they claim that they use the OLD Dunhill's recipe (early morning, flake, nightcap, Royal Yacht and Navy roll). I always like the Peterson such as Irish Flake and University Flake. I think the University flake is better than MB Old Dark Fired in somehow.

Did you ever tried Peterson's Dunhill and would you like to say you like it? Are they the same?

What do you think about nightcap, early morning, Royal Yacht and others? How was their taste?
See the pics only, Peterson has the tin as the Dunhills' at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: saintpeter

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Same blends made by the same people with the same tobacco on the same machines in the same facility in the same tins. Only difference is the label and some speculate that production never stopped but output continued under the new banner.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Let's try this again.
STG (or a subsidiary) was blending the Dunhill blends ever since Murray stopped doing it, back in 2008.
Then the Dunhill parent company cut those blends.
STG negotiated with Dunhill parent company, and got a license to blend them under the Peterson name.
They are blended in the same factory, on the same machines. Different label. No change at all.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My recent experience with My Mixture 965 (my daily blend for ten years) - the same.
I posted this thread:

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Dunhill Early Morning Pipe was best at 7:36am with an Ecuador City roast pourover at 195°F.

Peterson Early Morning Pipe is best at 7:42am with a Sumatran Full City roast French press At 185°F.

They are obviously much different blends.
What kind of pour over, sir? A paper chemex strips sthe oil and will this change the perceived flavour of the blend, where as a v60 leaves much more oil in the coffee. It’s night and day when comparing blends.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Peterson released the Dunhill range with the Peterson trademark on them and they claim that they use the OLD Dunhill's recipe (early morning, flake, nightcap, Royal Yacht and Navy roll).
Hate to tell you this, but the OLD Dunhill's recipe hasn't been used since the early 1980's. Murray's changed them, Orlik and STG changed those.
But if you're referring to the STG recipes, those haven't changed. Same manufacturer, same production line, same suppliers. Label's a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.