PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Never mind whether you like the tobacco or not, what is your favorite name for a blend,

just as a memorable name? What is your own suggestion for a great name for a blend?

mrfus

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
Mmm... If it's a light blend for late night I will call it "Luz de Luna"

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
My favorite factory made blend name is McClelland's Blue Mountain. I mix Prince Albert 50/50 with black cavendish for a blend I call Fat Albert, I thought that sounded pretty cool.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
My favorite blend names are ones that get me in the mood for the tobacco just by hearing the name. Star of the east, london mixture, squadron leader are some of my favorites.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Pirate Kake. Just sounds mean.
I've found a lot of the C&D blends to have pretty interesting names. Their creativity with naming has turned out some good ones.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Russ Oullette has a strong blend he calls "Freight Train." A bowlful convinced me that he was right on the money with that one! Yummy stuff but don't smoke it while riding your horse. You'll fall right off.
Best,
Pipestud

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you have the explanation and backstory, I think the Altadis blend "Queen Anne's Revenge" is

sort of nifty. Unfortunately, likely many pipe smokers don't know that that was the name of

Edward Teache's (a.k.a. the pirate Blackbeard) flagship. Futhermore, he scuttled the ship in the

shallows in sheltered water at the North Carolina coast where it is slowly being salvaged,

cannons and all. The tobacco connection is that the blend is made up of burley, Virginia, and

Cavendish, with rum as a flavoring, given the famous liking of pirates for rum. That's a lot of

backstory for the name of a blend of tobacco, so it may annoy as many as it pleases, but for

those familiar with Blackbeard it is a sort of tribute. He was eventually beheaded by the English

navy and the head was sailed around on various ships, if I recall the story correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.