PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Whip me, beat me, make me smoke Middleton Cherry. Okay, years ago I smoked some MCB. It killed me on Aros and flavored. I did just get a tin of Cult BRM. I have to admit I find it more than passable.

• Haha
Reactions: bnichols23

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Taste is individual. Cherry triggers my gag reflex, so though I've tried a few cherry blends, they're not in my stash. Tobacco forward versions are tolerable, by the bowl not by the tin or baggie.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Strangely enough, I was at a B&M a few days ago and they were selling 25g "half tins" (in the regular tins with a sticker slapped on them saying 25g) of the Samuel Gawith blends, presumably to allow customers to try out without committing to a full-blown tin.

My wife was with me and she wanted me to try the Black Cherry. I have to say that it is quite good, and leaves a nice dry bowl at the end. There is real tobacco taste there, and the cherry is more like a pleasant bouquet that does not overwhelm. Would recommend trying this if you are set on a cherry blend, I was pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: dcon and Dusk

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
We have a local shop that sells some tobacco a local guys blends. One of those was black cherry. Very nice. Not gimmicky or anything. I also smoke Ross' Very Cherry and enjoy it. I am all over the place these days as I my taste evolves (I'm fairly new to the pipe). I also enjoy Turkish exotics, English blends. Fun to mix it up.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I tried Capt Black Cherry and B. Riff Cherry. I thought I was in the deepest pits of hell. Then I tried Caminetto Barolo cherry and I suddenly really understood Dante's levels of hell for the first time. The other two blends merely put me into the Limbo. Barolo felt like the 5th level of hell - a horrible hideous place. But it was slightly comforting to know I was looking down on the SOB that made Barolo at the bottom.

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
The only cherry I’ve had is a custom B&M blend by John B . Hayes called Christmas Cherry. It’s ok. Might need to experiment more. Most aros taste like baccy to me.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
BRM is my favorite, but I recently picked up C&D's Dark Cherry Cavendish. A very nice blend I can easily live with on the occasions when I want some fruit in my diet. BRM IS still tops for me, though.

Bill

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe it is mostly the thought of cherry flavor blends that triggers my gag reflex. I have enjoyed some tobacco forward cherry aromatics, one or two anyway. That little over-sweet twang just gets my gorge activated, and I'm not prone to that generally.

Reactions: saintpeter
Status
Not open for further replies.