PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marindas

I'm a fan of many bulk non-aromatic blends, but for aromatics a clear favorite is the pouch/tub Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic -- burley based, with Virginia as a condiment, and flavored with three liqueurs. Tobacco forward and one of the most sophisticated pouch/tub tobaccos I know.
Thank you mso for recommending SWRA. I tried this blend a few months ago based on your recommdation and it has become one of the few aromatics that I enjoy and one of my favorite blends in my rotation.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.'s Kendal Dark Vanilla .Good room note,and i like a strong blends.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
Any number of Wilke tobaccos. Very pricey but very high quality and in my mind worth the price and far superior
to the larger companies like Lane, Sutliff , and C&D

My favorites include:

191-a vanilla and honey cavendish in the 1Q genre
194 -a very lightly cased cavendish that reminds me of McClelland Chocolate cream
Rumcake- A cavendish blend infused with rum and vanilla
Vermont Maple Cavendish- Similar to Rumcake with a maple casing instead of rum
Gramercy Park- flavored with vanilla and liquers

They also make me a custom crossover bend
80% 194 15% latakia 5% perique that's slightly sweet, savory, and delicious

Wilke Bulk Description List | wilkepipetobacco - https://www.wilkepipetobacco.com/wilke-bulk-description-list

piperRowan

Lurker
Jul 2, 2019
As you are seeking for some aro not that sweet, try university flake. it is burley and Virginia based and not to be considered as aromatic, but you can detect some plum aroma not strong at all.

Also can try Peterson summertime 2017 that has peach and apple notes.
May try Peterson Killarney but bear in mind that it is sweet. it may be called as sweet Killarney in the US.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
LJ Peretti Strawberry Patch. Look, I understand that a strawberry-flavored tobacco seems odd or even an abomination, but it’s actually really good.

Reactions: grumpyoltroll

davidy97

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Tx
Lane dark red, smoker's pride black cav and smoker's pride whiskey. Very economical blends that I keep around.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I mentioned a pouch blend on this thread. I've enjoyed a number of bulk aromatics, but I admit none has stayed with me. I liked Queen Anne's Revenge, named after Blackbeard's flagship, and a number of others, but I haven't re-ordered.

tradition

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 27, 2018
Connecticut, USA
I'm a fan of many bulk non-aromatic blends, but for aromatics a clear favorite is the pouch/tub Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic -- burley based, with Virginia as a condiment, and flavored with three liqueurs. Tobacco forward and one of the most sophisticated pouch/tub tobaccos I know.

Another who's favorite is Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marindas
Status
Not open for further replies.