PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
OK first of all I know this question is very broad, but Im just looking to try some samples of relatively good aromatics and would like some suggestions.
I'm looking for a new aromatic to try, preferably something without a strong casing flavor, that smells great, with some sweetness to it (not overbearingly sweet though). I'm currently smoking Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey which is really nice, and am planning on picking up a pound of Peter Stokobey 38 Highland Whiskey which I like. The Borkum Riff is a little pricier but a better smoke, but I'm trying to watch my wallet. But anything is up for grabs. Vanilla or Cherry is good, but Im sure there are flavours I have never heard of that are great so throw it at me!! (champagne? rum?)
Preferably something I can buy in bulk which is usually cheaper than stuff in tins. (unless there is something i am REALLY missing out on than it might be worth to try 1 tin)
So what is your favorate affordable aromatic?
P.S. On another note I have had a can of Three Oaks Syrian sitting in my drawer for quite a while now, I'm thinking of cracking that open 8P

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
^ ^ ^ ^

This!
Still new to pipe smoking, but for bulk this is what I go back to without a doubt. BCA is pretty good on occasion as well!

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
Scotty’s Trout Stream and Bass Pond are tops for me right now. But Lane Black Raspberry, Lane RLP-6, Sutliff Match Hines Mixture, Russ’ Snow Drift and Nations Capital, PS Nougat and H&H EggNog are always nearby. Sutliff Aromatic English is a great crossover blend.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I'm an aromatic neophyte but I was impressed with some of Russ Ouellette's Match Hickory I was traded recently.
jay-roger.jpg

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
For me its 1Q or sutliff 208 Apple, hoping to try some new stuff with my next order

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Scotty's Trout Stream and Boswell's Piper's Pleasure. Although I have some Sutliff stuff on the way that might rival those.....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a fan of many bulk non-aromatic blends, but for aromatics a clear favorite is the pouch/tub Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic -- burley based, with Virginia as a condiment, and flavored with three liqueurs. Tobacco forward and one of the most sophisticated pouch/tub tobaccos I know.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Dan Tobacco - Blue Note. Can be purchased by the pound. I always have this stuff on hand. My second favorite would be C&D - Autumn Evening, I cut it 50/50 with Brown Bogie for an amazing smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.