PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
Awesome suggestions everyone. I went to a B&M not far from pittsburgh yesterday and had to buy a house blend they had. It smells like lane 1Q but has so much more depth to the flavor, and burns very nicely with a lot of smoke. Definitely a new favorite. That's what I'll be smoking at the station tonight as I study for my EMT class. Definitely a relaxing time.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
I currently have a six or seven pipe rotation and generally smoke one of about five or six tobaccos as the mood takes me. Sometimes I want to smoke a particular pipe so smoke the backy to which it is dedicated. My most frequently smoked blends are S.G. Navy Flake, Fillmore, Skiff, Abingdon or my own world-famous Va/Ky blend of 50/50 Union square/HHODF.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
My go to tobacco is PS LOS, I am running low and ordered 1/2 lb LOS and 1/2 lb LNF. Placed my order and they have my LOS back-ordered. Hopefully it will come in quickly. I also like the new Lane Crown Achievement and I have almost 3 tins to get me by in the interim. I have several top of the line pipes and still use my Dr. Grabow Omega more than any other. Go figure!

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I'm just finishing my very first bowl of Mississippi River from Seattle Pipe Club. I ordered from Pipes & Cigars. Let me say, it is the very first Virginia that I'm totally loving. This will be a standard staple in my everyday's. Black Gold & English Lite from Hiland's Cigar and MS River from wherever I can find it. I really thought it might be some Internet "hype" about this tobacco, but it's not. It's very good.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I have 50+ pipes, and 90+ blends available for smoking. I rarely smoke the same pipe, or the same tobacco two days in a row.

But if I had to pick one blend and pipe, I'd say............ Nope, I just can't do it! Lol!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I don't smoke anything every day. Peterson Old Dublin,MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian, and McCranie's Murdock's Pipe are always in my rotation.

Likewise, I don't smoke the same pipe every day. I don't have a large rotation, but rotate I do.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I smoke the same thing all day long, then have a bowl of lakeland flake or an aromatic in one of my non-daily pipes before bed so I smell good for my wife.
My all day long pipe lately is either my Pete 317 or my Falcon straight Apple. All day tobac is usually Virginia No 1 or Prince Albert. Neither require much attention, but both are very satisfying. I've been doing this for about 4 months now, where before I pretty much just smoked Ennerdale all day long.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
My every day pipe is a Kings Cross Featherweight because it’s relatively inexpensive, pocket size, and the small chamber gives me a 30 minute smoke during lunch break.

Due to lack of availability of good pipe tobacco here in Mexico, I’m mostly smoking what I have – Exclusiv Royal – but I’m hoping to stock up on some tins of Peterson’s and Dunhill which must be brought in from Europe or the States.
Dot

gr8scott

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2014
Maryland
My everyday smoke is 1-Q or an Aro from the local B&M. I smoke in a MM Country Gent in the morning, and a Hilson Vintage bent Acorn in the afternoon.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I smoke around, but usually I'm not that far from a tin of G&H Rum flake or GL Pease Haddo's Delight. I usually have an English open, either Presbyterian or Quiet Nights or Key Largo.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
First thing on a (sunny) morning is Grousemoor in a long stemmed clay

First thing on a (rainy) morning is Presbyterian mixture in a rusticated bent rhodesian.

For the rest of the day, it's usually a toss up between EMP, Nightcap, Punchbowle, condor long cut or SG's black XX.
My habits depend oddly on the weather and the tides.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
1Q has become my regular tobacco, intermixed with the occasional bowl of Maple Street and of course, Early Morning Pipe. I'm still learning to rotate, but as of now, my favorite pipe--so much I have two of them--is the Peterson Dracula 107 billiard and a Nording, whichever one strikes my fancy. Oh, and as a special treat, Molto Dolce.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
I found of mix Lane 1Q and 965 50/50 is my daily smoke. I tried Nightcap and 1Q but 965 is better.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I don't have an everyday pipe or tobacco. Each day brings a different mood which means a different pipe and tobacco. At least on the days I decide to enjoy a pipe. Though I do have a blend that I created myself and smoke it fairly often. Its made up of a couple Lane blends and an Altadis blend. I call it my Metalhead Blend. Its got a mild English, Virginia and some light burley.

frost

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2014
Colorado
Dunhill 965 is my go-to tobacco, but I think of it as a town smoke. If I'm out in the woods I tend to prefer a Balkan like Black House.
I smoke a rotation of pipes. Mainly Hardcastle's brand, of the billiard persuasion.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I roll between briar and cob on most days and although I have 5 tins open at present, I'm hung up on Dunhill EMP and BB Balkan Blend. There seems to be stretches for me that really put me in the "zone" with these 2 blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.