What's Your All Time "WORST" Beers List?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Since the "Top 10" Beers thread was such a hit, I figured this would be fun as well.

I'll start off;
Bud Ice

Red Stripe

Blue Moon Caramel Apple Spiced Ale

Natural Ice

Michelob

Shock Top Honey Crisp Apple

Heineken

Milwaukee's Best

Yuengling Black & Tan

Sweetwater 420

Bud Ice Light

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
Coors, Miller, Bud, etc. I can enjoy the taste, especially of High Life, on a blistering hot day, but for some reason these beers make me headachy so I usually got for a Gansett or Yeungling instead.
I'm with ya on Blue Moon and Shock Top too, yick.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Coors, Miller, Bud Lite

Bud Lite Lime

Shocktop

Blue Moon

Natty Ice & Lite

Iron City

Meister Brau

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Anything from:

Budweiser

Miller

Coors (except Blue Moon, which is ok and a gateway beer to craft brews)
Basically, anything from Big Beer.

zanthipal

Lurker
Feb 12, 2014
Anything containing:

- Blueberries

- Raspberries

- Lemon

- Lime

- Any type of fruit for that matter

- Coffee

- Coconut

- Any type of other beer with any "toping/casing" that shouldn't be there!

Jun 4, 2014
Johnny Appleseed Hard Cider, its brewed Anheuser-Busch. I was given one, tasted like apple flavored Budwiser. I can taste it now as I write about it, just plain nasty.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Only two have I ever thrown away:
Schlitz Malt Liquor

Michelob Honey Wheat
If all I have is Meister Brau, or Schaefer Light I can drink it. Budweiser's my least favorite of the advertised beers. Old Milwaukee used to be advertised like Miller Lite and Coors Lite. It sat on the same shelf and cost the same. As soon as they quit advertising it, it went to the bottom shelf and was regarded as another Colt 45 or Olde English.
People will buy frigging Zima if it's advertised during a SuperBowl.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Bud lite

Bud Lite Straberryrita
I drink beer for enjoyment, not to get drunk, and seldom have more than one. As such Bud Lite is just horrifically foul!!
As for the strawberryrita, I've had medicine that tastes better than that horrific mess!!

ericthered

Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Anything labeled "Lite","Light" or "Ultra".

MGD. I was given a free sixer as a perk from a hotel manager. I couldn't finish one.
I find it amusing that Iron City, which made the bottom of my top ten, falls on multiple people's worst lists. As with everything else, different strokes for different folks! Or different suds for different buds? Sorry, that was a bit of a stretch.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
For me, it's less about specific awful beers than specific types that I'm not fond of - specifically, mass-produced American-style lagers (Coors, A-B Budweiser, MGD, PBR) and some of the more extreme IPAs - I don't mind a certain level of hoppy bitterness (the late, lamented Ballard Bitter from Red Hook comes to mind...), but the current craze for hopping the crap out of beers needs to just stop.
That said, the only beer I've nearly spit out was an attempt by Rainier Brewing to cash in on the craft brewing craze with something called "Pigs Eye Pilsner". Tasted more like fermented varnish to me. Fortunately, it was only a one or two ounce sampler pour... :D No wonder they went under.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
India Pale Ales.....all of them! I have tried maybe fifteen or twenty different IPA's and hated every damn one. I have some buddies that are beer aficionados and they are constantly trying to get me to like those hoppy ass beers....no offense to those of you who like them but to me they taste god-awful!

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
Agree about the India Pale Ales....tried many times, just can't get into them. Not a fan of Bud, Miller, Coors and their light beers either

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
I used to hate IPAs and would only drink the maltiest brews.
Something clicked a year or so ago and hops stopped tasting like earwax and more floral. Not sure what happened. But I don't mind.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Something clicked a year or so ago and hops stopped tasting like earwax and more floral. Not sure what happened. But I don't mind.
A lot of brewers are also starting to emphasize the flavor and aroma of late hopping and dry hopping as opposed to the bitterness of early boil additions. Many IPA's, while still bitter, are really pushing the culinary aspect of hops and no longer concentrating on merely sucking the alpha acids out.

Status
Not open for further replies.