What's Your All Time "WORST" Beers List?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Anything I drank in college, way back when. But Natty Lite had to take the cake. I think a 12 pack was $3-4. Yeesh.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@zanthial, I am with you 100%
Anything containing:

- Blueberries

- Raspberries

- Lemon

- Lime

- Any type of fruit for that matter

- Coffee

- Coconut

- Any type of other beer with any "toping/casing" that shouldn't be there!
Pumpkin beer? Do you want to know where that comes from?
Uptown+Market+102810+004.jpg

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
- Bud Light

- Any of those Ice, Light, and/or "Natural" beers

- The Beast

- Micky's

- Heineken

- Becks

- Corona

- Anything with a fruity additive

- Wheat beers of any description (especially in tall glasses and garnished with a slice of citrus)

- Stella Artois (as presented in bottles for export. The local draft in Belgium isn't that bad on a warm day)

- Berliner Weiße mit Schüß

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
A beer from my college days in the 80s, Hamburg an OB beer in Korea. Most. Horrid. Experience. EVER.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Dunno why people are hating on some of the mass produced stuff. Sometimes I pass over the craft and just need a regular beer. To each his own.
I really enjoy Coors Original, can't stand Coors Light.
I'm not a fan of IPAs, or any pale ales that are very hoppy. The 2 that come to mind are Ithaca Flower Power and Great Lakes Burning River. WORST BEERS EVER. I do enjoy Long Trail IPA, however.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
-Anything "Ice" and "Light"

-Budweiser products

-seconding the Becks ( as produced under licence in the US, worse than Eastern European produced Becks ..... the German made stuff is rather tasty )

-King Cobra
A lot of the mass produced stuff is not necessarily horrid, but rather overpriced for what it is. Whenever I peruse the beer isle at the grocer's, I fail to see why pay let's say 12 for a half rack of Budweiser when for 15 I can get something much nicer.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Rolling Rock. I was already drunk when I started drinking it and had to pass it off. It was nasty.

Also not a fan of hoppy or bitter beers, so most IPA's. There was a time when I stopped drinking beers for a while and lost my affinity for the hoppyness.
As for the mass producers... I'll drink 'em if they are free. Otherwise I stay far away.

willc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
I like most any beer, the only one that really was really terrible was something called Meister Brau that I drank in the 80's.

It was a dollar for a 4 pack and still not worth it.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Anyone had a Straub beer? A regional beer from northwestern PA it is all natural and produced in one of the oldest family owned breweries in America. Produced with no preservatives it is quickly effected by the light. Get yourself one in the green long neck (yes, they still use returnable longnecks in both green and brown) as more light gets into the "greenies" than the "brownies". Keep it long enough for the light to work it's magic and you'll have a whole new appreciation for the term "skunky" beer.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I have despiseed everything I tried made by Budweiser. An Iron City can tastes better than the beer inside the can. I could drink Old Milwaukee when I was a kid but couldn't finish one when I tried it again a few years ago, out of nostalgia.
On the other hand, I recently tried PBR again for the first time in 30 plus years and found it quite drinkable. Great with crabs or burgers.
I used to like IPA's but there now appears to be a competition as to who can add the most hops to their beer. IMO, hops should be the used as seasoning, not the main course.

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Any beer that is hot is off the list! The rest of them are subject to become mouth wash here. :puffy:

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I like most any beer, the only one that really was really terrible was something called Meister Brau that I drank in the 80's.

It was a dollar for a 4 pack and still not worth it.
I remember that. 'Twas indeed nasty. It gets extra negs for the faux-German name.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Can't believe it's not listed yet ... Blatz!
Blatz and Schlitz are fine examples of Onomatopoeia.
The morning after drinking either of those beers resulted in the very same sounds in the bathroom! 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.