What's Your All Time "WORST" Beers List?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Rhinelander was the most hideous brew I have ever tasted.
I dislike Coors, Any "Bud-a-rita" (I won't try them, I just KNOW), Corona (Drink Pacifico or Tecate!!), Colt 45, and Schlitz Malt liquor.
I ALSO dislike hoppy beers. IPA's APA's, etc. I love a decent bitter or euro pilsner and then anything Malty.
Dunno why everyone is hating on PBR. It is the best tasting shit beer on the planet. I used to make GOOD money in college selling cups to my keggers advertising Budweiser (premium beer in college...) and serving PBR. Couldnt' taste the difference, 33% more profit.
You guys are just old. It has a niche.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Anybody remember Rheingold? I think it was cheaper than Shaeffer's or Narragansett. Junior in HS I went along with some Seniors in their car on a school field trip to see a Shakespearean play some many miles away, and we'd stocked up on about 4 cases of Rhiengold....when we got there we were pretty wasted and stashed the remaining 12 or so BOTTLES in the woods.

Next year, the school took buses. I disembarked and headed out to the 'stash'. A New England winter had passed and several bottles had perished. I found 4 intact and drank them down. Piss warm and nasty. I got a pretty good buzz though.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
-Miller anything

-Bud anything

-Corona

-Monster IPA's- A lot of the new IPAs try to cover up making inferior beer, simply by making it a Hop Monster. High IBUs don't cover up the fact that your base malt tastes like piss.

-Apple anything- One long pub night in Dingle Ireland and two days vomiting apple flavored badness.

-Boddington's Pub Ale- The first sip triggers my gag reflex.

-Anything with "Milwaukee" in the name

-Mickey's

-Wheat Beer

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I haven't had a drink in 3 years, but back when I did I was always a sucker for the seasonal Samuel Adams 12 packs and one year they had a beer called "Cranberry Lambic" included, which was so God awful I couldn't even get half way through one of them. The remainders sat in my pantry for several years until I ended up tossing them. Horrible.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
I agree with fishingandpipes and cmdrmcbragg, I don't touch anything by Bud, Miller or Coors. Pure water, no taste. Also the Belgian/wheat/Weisse beers, they are just too sweet for my taste. :puffy:

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
Heineken

Anything from Atwater Brewing in Michigan
But hands down, worst beer I've ever had:

Weyerbacher's Idiot's Drool

This started life as a barleywine that got infected with the wild yeast brettanomyces, which they then put in bourbon barrels for four years. Then they decided to cut bait, bottle 750 of them, and sell it for $22. Based on the base beer and the reputation of the brewery, lots of folks bit. I had the misfortune of trying it at a beer tasting, where we all agreed that it tasted like the water that collects at the bottom of a dumpster.
I've had probably 1000 different beers in the last five years, and those are the bottom three for me.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Miester Brau

Bud Light

anything pumpkin/christmas/spiced... just threw up a little thinking about the last one I was given to try.

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
i love to put more but i have not dipped to far into beers and the ones i have had i always enjoyed

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Great lists guys! Keep them coming!
Another couple that were close to making the list for me were;
Busch

Stone Smoked Vanilla Bean Porter ( to me, it tasted like Vanilla Coca-Cola with beer in it, nasty!)

Angry Orchard Hard Cider

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I can happily inhabit many places on the beer continuum, depending on my activity and mood, and my worst beers come from all over the place as well. This is based on my subjective taste, so nothing personal
Bud Light

Killian's

McEwan's Scotch Ale

Bell's Two Hearted (I hate hop bombs; I also don't like latakia. That might be related)

Any double IPAs (hop bombs again)

Anything "Ice" (especially Miller Lite Ice)

Olde English 800

99% of pumpkin beers

Leinie's Summer Shandy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Coors stands alone below the bad beer category. Can't taste the hops; can't taste the beer. It tastes like

some strange misbegotten diet drink, with some fleeting chemical flavor under the sudsy flavorless

carrier fluid. In my opinion. Aggressively the worst beer in the world that anyone has survived.

fishfly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
Fox 400. Hopefully long gone, but really nasty, especially warm as is always is when sneaking it from one's father's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.