PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Some of us have a wide range of tobaccos that we'd like to have in the cellar and some of us are pretty well content with what they have. Where are you in the scheme of things? What's on your wishlist of tobaccos that you would like to have in the cellar that you don't currently have?
For me it would be the Ogden's version of St. Bruno. I still have a little, but a couple more bowls and it's poof gone. Other than that, I'm really content with what's stocked. It's kinda weird to think that there's nothing more I need, or really want, to buy, except for pipe cleaners.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
20 pounds of 10 year old Ann Kake, a 20 pound plug Peterson Perfect Plug. That would suffice for a good bit of time.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Ha,
Interesting timing of this post.
I just posted in the Tobacco Thread that I'm in search of Esoterica Peacehaven.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I wouldn't mind ANY St. Bruno, 2011 HH ODF, and maybe some 5+ year OGS and/or FVF. There's a bunch more, but I can't list them all. I'm still buying month to month, but this will be changing soon, thank goodness, and I'll finally have a cellar to speak of. :)

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I should be more specific. I'm speaking to blends that you have tried and that you dearly want to add you your cellar, not blends that you would like to try. Until last week there were several blends I was hunting without success, mostly because I was unwilling to pay the prices that others were willing to pay. At the WCPS, almost all of those blends were available at a fraction of what they cost on the secondary market and I was able to satisfy that wish. Then, yesterday, the one remaining blend showed up in the mail as a gift. All of these were blends that I had smoked and really enjoyed.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
In that case, Nutcracker Flake would be one. I don’t remember if it was the precursor to Christmas Cheer or was released in 1993 but it was amazing! That and the older Craven. It was really great. I miss that blend.

Mike S.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I will probably never have enough (psychologically) of these:
* Royal Yacht

* Burley Flake #1

* Cotton Boll Twist

* Engine 99 or Nightcap

* Old Joe Krantz

* Irish Oak

* Irish Flake

* Perfect Plug (3P)

* Hal O' The Wynd

* Five Brothers

* Doblone d'Oro

* Brown No. 4

* Kendal Dark / Dark Birdseye

* Lakeland Dark

* My Mixture 965

* Ye Olde Signe

* Prince Albert (pouch version)

* Brown Twist Sliced

* La Brumeuse (thin cut)

* Cube Cut Burley
And of course, my personal blend, "Massacra."

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I would like more tins of American VaPer flakes in my cellar. Of those that I have tried (thanks Stan and JohnBarleycorn) I have really enjoyed smoking fresh so I can only assume they would improve if kept for a couple of years.
Oh, and more FVF...one can never have enough FVF :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I am still waiting for my supply of pipe cleaners to arrive from China. Grrr...
I was sent a sample of Bengal Slices and finally was able to snag a tin this week. That order also got a wish list item of a tin of Black Frigate. I probably have more tobacco than I can ever use, even though my 'cellar' is small. I don't smoke a lot, maybe 3 or 4 bowls a week. But the new adventures keep calling. I am lucky I guess, so far I haven't tried any tobacco that I don't like. So, even if I have to visit the smoke shop (the only local tobacco seller) I can always get more Prince Albert or Carter Hall.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With so many good blends open and in rotation or available for a change of pace, and so many good ones in unopened tins, most of my effort is deciding what to open next when I finally need to open something. Even tempting sales don't get me clicking. I can't remember a time when I've enjoyed so many different blends so consistently without any clunker bowls. Sometimes I'll go through a stretch when every third or so bowl comes up harsh, too mild, or just not tasty to enjoy. Then I'll get in the zone and it seems every smoke is special.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I am out as well. The only source I have is over an hour away, but at some point, I will be returning.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’m very content with my cellar now. I have a bunch of misc blends that I will keep my need for variation satiated. I went through a phase where I just had to try every new release or any blend that was getting some buzz but I’m pretty much over that now, the result is a well stocked cellar with a wide selection. I’ve honed it down to just sticking with adding my favorites now. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have Ogden’s St. Bruno in the cellar but I’m more than happy with the current stuff! So, to answer your question, more Condor Plug, St. Bruno, Erinmore Flake and 1792 Flake. I’ll always be adding more of those to the cellar. I’m catching up fast with Simon’s 6 pounds of Condor Plug.... he better watch out as I might just knock him off the Condorlover1 title to Condorlover2! :nana: I’ll be homeless by the time I get there but damn it, I’ll always have Condor in my pipe!

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I’m with Hawky, Condor. Lots and lots of Condor.

Though I’ll continue to add to my collection of FVF, St James Flake and McClelland 2015.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Joseph, all four of those are favourites with me and I have a reasonable stock of each which is slowly increasing thanks to my US baccy Enabler!
Due to our ridiculous taxation it is cheaper to buy FVF and SJF in the States and have it sent 'back home'.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.