PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Condor is just that good! Smoky, strong, with rose geranium. Mm. . .but I ain't paying' for more! I've got about two pounds, and that cost me a fortune. I smoke 50g about every two months, so that's about a three year supply. One of the measures of becoming rich would be to be able smoke a lot more of it. I guess I'll know it when I get there!
I know we all have our favorites, but there are many tobaccos that taste sublime when I'm tasting fully and paying attention to the smoke. I don't think there's enough difference to justify spending $130.00/ 500 g for an exotic like Condor compared to Dark Flake at $55.00/500 g. YMMV

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Peter Heinrich Dark Strong. Had a tin of it but could not replace it. Also would want P. Heinrich Curly Special. And maybe Golden Sliced. Had samples never bought some

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Saltedplug where are you getting your Condor? That’s dirt cheap compared to what I’m paying for the Plug. I’m not even gonna say how much I’m paying for 500 grams of Plug, it’s embarrassing.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
GH RG Plug. I should’ve bought more when GQ had it in stock. I keep hoping someone this side of the pond will stock it.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
In recent months my tobacco rotation has become more focused.

I'm always on the lookout for more (and older) Tilbury, FVF, and Best Brown.

Would also like to procure some tins of Germains Brown Flake, but that has proven to be more difficult than Esotericas.
Ofcourse, any McClelland Virginia Flake with more than 10 years on it is an automatic buy for me too.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
McConnell's Oriental is one I've recently tried and would like to add. I also re-discovered War Horse Ready Rubbed not long ago. It's on the list.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
hawky, Pipe Divan in Dublin, but I haven't bought any since ~04/15, but believe it was about $13.00/50 g for the plug.
Cosmic, no doubt your palate is more acute than mine. Don't recall how I associated rose geranium with what is on Condor, but that's what I would call it. I probably smoked something and was told or read that the scent was rg, but I really can't recall. I think rg is one of the most common Lakeland scents.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
I'm almost set with what's in my cellar. A couple pounds of easy to get blends and I'm good. Mainly more D & R blending orientals and perique.

Mar 29, 2016
More of those

Gawith Hoggarth Kendal Deluxe XXX Twist.

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Plug.

Murrays Warrior Plug.

J.F.Germain KING CHARLES MIXTURE.

McClelland BOSTON 1776.

A & C Petersen ESCUDO.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Kingfisher I have tried a sample a while back and really liked it, im hoping to get a tin or two by my sons upcoming 1st birthday even though its wishful thinking. At the end of this week Im going to post a WTT thread of some rare tins id let go of in trade of Kingfisher. Sullivan Powell, Krumble Kake, very old Escudo, and others... Fingers crossed!
Hey BluegrassBrian, Pm incoming buddy, I have some Brown Flake for you! :puffy:

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I wish all those backordered tins of Dunhill Dark Flake would ship from P&C.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Haddo's Delight

Marlin Flakes

Dunhill navy rolls

Wessex campaign

Esoterica

FVF

ABF

Sobranie

Bob's Chocolate

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Sorry for my faux pas Brush. :oops:
Although I've been adding to my cellar this past year, there are a few blends I want to ensure I have plenty of...
Penzance... I've got a couple of lbs but would like to squirrel away a couple more.

Margate... "" ""

Stonehaven "" ""

And so to bed "" ""

Frog Morton "" ""

MM965 "" ""

EMP "" ""

Nightcap "" ""

Balkan Sobraine "" ""

Balkan Sasiene "" ""

Syrian Full Balkan "" ""

3 Oaks "" ""

GL Pease Odyssey "" ""