PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Here goes, all pics will be stacked at the end.
Graduate school starts August 17th, I'm still in the market for Chicago apartments. In the meantime, elementary teaching is done, and I finished the high school band camp I was hired for this summer, leaving me happily "unemployed". I'm still giving lessons and doing gigs tho. Some exciting gigs coming up if you are near the windy city: next thursday (27th?) my steel band and marimba quartet will both be playing in Nichols park from 1-3. Then, my steel band is playing in the 4th of July parade before heading to Montreal for their Pan Festival. Speaking of which, how much baccy can I carry across the border?
My nephew was recently baptised, and my sis and her husband are enjoying parenthood greatly
I have a friend who recently got her PHD in theology and has began studying scotch and pipe smoking under my tutelage :) She took me to Uhle's in Milwalkee and I bought her a cob and a Nording.
My family and I are currently visiting friends and family in texas and arizona. Here in dallas now....smoke shops? Will be in Pheonix in a few days, again....smoke shops?
My cats are doing well too!
3e5ef4d9.jpg

70628757.jpg

d6c5a375.jpg

06255a59.jpg

71220c38.jpg

27432bca.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Cool stuff, I've been listening to Island music all day with lots of steel drums in it. We need a video clip of your group now. :clap:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Dallas smoke shops

* Up in Smoke has several around the metroplex. Northwest Highway and 75, Lewisville, Irving, ... Which side are you on ?

* Sir Elliot's on Preston Road has some nice bulks, a little area to sit and good coffee. A couple of guys met there last week.

* Two Brothers in Plano is pretty good too. Nice back patio.
Note that, like many other cities, most tobacco shops here are focusing more and more on cigars. The pipe tobacco has been lumped in with cigarettes and taxes are killing the local tobacconists. Unless they have a large volume (like Up in Smoke does), they are mostly going away from pipes.
PM me if you need more info.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Phoenix Shops:
Ye Olde Pipe & Tobacco Shoppe - Great selection of pipes and tobacco and a nice smoking lounge

1-877-955-7740
Stag Tobacconists

9201 N 29th Ave

Phoenix
Stag Tobacconists

23535 N Scottsdale Rd #104

Scottsdale, AZ
All 3 are owned by Rich Hopkins and are great shops. I found Ye Olde Pipe & Tobacco to be the best one overall with the Scottsdale location to be a close second... Smaller pipe/tobacco selection but nicer location....
Hope you are having fun and great gifts for your friend!!!

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Went to Up in Smoke on McKinney today. Nice shop. Didn't make any purchases (no pease :( ) and couldn't stay long as I had the brother-in-law with. My sister was off with my Mom and her 7 month and soon he was being beckoned back to the nest. I think he enjoyed the little air of break time though!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Sounds like your having an interesting summer. I've never been further west than Memphis and can't wait till I'm able.

Status
Not open for further replies.