PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbinson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
Zurich, ON (Canada)
So, as some may know, I am selling off my collection... going through and trying to get info about them before posting.
I have this one... says ALPHA, Hand Made, Israel... super light weight, not near as heavy as my other pipes. Given the weight/texture... any ideas what the material used may be?
_MG_6295_zpsyg1d9g3p.jpg~original

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I dusted around Google using Israeli tobacco pipes and didn't see any materials other than briar mentioned. So that wasn't a help. The grain in the blast looks like briar, not olive or maple or something. Possibly it is just a really well aged piece of briar. For a while I was ordering Johs pipes through Iwan Ries for really good prices, and the briar was notably light weight.

throbinson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
Zurich, ON (Canada)
Well... I won't argue because I honestly have no idea. :D
Nice pipe but, I find that unless it has a filter, I don't touch it so... just gathering dust.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
Show us the bowl and the unfinished surface where stem connects with the bowl.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Alpha has made quality briar pipes for some time, don't remember them made of any other wood, but then Im not realy educated on Alpha pipes

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Very nice looking pipe. I have a Tinderbox pipe, very large, and it is lighter than my tiniest Kaywoodie. Some briar is lighter, some heavier; It's just the nature of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.