PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Christmas is a stressful time of cooking, cleaning and or travel repeat to be endured not enjoyed until New Years Eve/Day when I can relax.?

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Christmas is a stressful time of cooking, cleaning and or travel repeat to be endured not enjoyed until New Years Eve/Day when I can relax.?

Yeah I refuse to get into that kind of arrangement. I have a non-negotiable policy of staying home on Christmas day. I like to visit friends and family any time before, including Christmas Eve, but Christmas is the day to spend at home. Any friends or family who are out and about are welcome to stop by so long as they don't mind seeing me drinking scotch in my pajamas all day ?

I will smoke whatever The Secret Santa sends me.

If Santa loses his way, then I will break out a 2012 Dunhill Elizabethan in a Don Carlos Fiamatta 1 note oversize bent billiard around noon, and Balkan Sobranie in a Nanna Ivarsson N2 in the evening.

I will load up my Morgan Briar Cigar and with Arango Balkan Supreme and stick it in my pocket for "Just in case" puffy

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
I had an old Aro knocking around from when I started smoking a pipe, called Christmas Morning or some such from John B Hayes tobacconist when it was at Fair Oaks Mall. Its got to be all of 15 years old at this point. It was dried out so I revitalized it with some Vanilla Extract and some Dr McGillicuddys Cherry hooch. Smells pretty good, we shall see if it tastes any good on Chrimble

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
And to answer the original question, Christmas is the time to break out "the good stuff" which is going to mean my most expensive booze and rarest tobacco. I'll probably smoke quite a few bowls of different blends, and it will probably involve at least one smoke of Frog Morton Cellar, Christmas Cheer, and/or a Cuban cigar.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
most likely, nothing. It will be too cold to smoke on the back porch and the pipe lounge is closed.

Reactions: Casual

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Likely not a holiday blend, though I have two. If I find time for a bowl, it will probably be an English blend in a briar or cob, maybe a briar Calabash. I like to respond to whim and surprise myself. I don't want to be too planned about pipes. I've tried to let go of some of the holiday frenzy to just "go with the flow," and enjoy the moment, like any other hopefully really good Wednesday. Christmas is in my religious tradition (Merry Christmas!) and I also wish others with other holidays in this season good tidings.

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
Christmas Cheer, Margate, Carolina Red, Giubileo d'Oro, and Holiday Spirit. Not in any particular order, those are just the tins I plan on carrying with me all day

Reactions: sandollars

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Christmas is the day to spend at home. Any friends or family who are out and about are welcome to stop by so long as they don't mind seeing me drinking scotch in my pajamas all day ?
What's your address? nana

We have the kids and grandsons over on Christmas Eve. Christmas day, my wife and I go to a local Chinese restaurant for lunch...this will be our 5th year having Chinese on Christmas Day. Surprisingly, the place gets crowded.

Reactions: lawdawg

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What's your address? nana

We have the kids and grandsons over on Christmas Eve. Christmas day, my wife and I go to a local Chinese restaurant for lunch...this will be our 5th year having Chinese on Christmas Day. Surprisingly, the place gets crowded.

Scott, that reminds me. I have the footage from your Chinese dinner out last Christmas here.

Here

• Haha
Reactions: rogers and scloyd

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I'll probably smoke some Sutliff Creame Brulee in my Altinok Santa Claus meerschaum pipe.
What a nice Christmas pipe! I recall seeing it an earlier thread too. I apologize if I'm being daft with the following question. What is the line across Santa's face? The one that crosses his nose and under his eyes.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I popped a tin of 16 Christmas Cheer on Wednesday! Shounded like a pistol going off BTW ?

Probably some of that.

tradition

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 27, 2018
Connecticut, USA
Rattray's Exotic Passion

003-055-0049.6342.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.