PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
Ok, so with Dunhill and McClelland gone, what blends currently in production do you feel you need to make sure to set aside this year? I am open to any type blend for consideration.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I'm going to put away the Sutliff Crumble Cake series and Macbaren Modern Virginia for sure.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Sorry, I’m not going to share that with anyone. You’d be better off doing the same. Word gets out here and it’s all over. I’ve made hints in other threads but that’s is far as I’ll take it.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Arango Balkan Supreme, Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky, Capstan Gold, SPC PPSR, Squadron Leader, Esoterica Ramsgate/Stonehaven, & Black Frigate are on my hit list this year.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Finally settled on a few key blends to go deep with as my cellar is way too wide so I'm ordering pounds now.
3 pounds on the way. Sale on C&D bulks so a pound each of Engine #99 and Super Balkan. Also ordered a pound of Stokkebye LBF in anticipation of my "Virginia" summer.
Want to add 15-20 pounds this year.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If I were still cellaring I would be going after blends that are in most cases readily available. Here is a list of some of those blends.

Capstan Blue Flake

Escudo

Mac Baren Old Dark Fired

Solani 633

Solani 660 Silver Flake

Savinelli Doblone d'Oro

Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky

GL Pease Navigator-needs a good 5 years but worth the wait.

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Sorry, I’m not going to share that with anyone. You’d be better off doing the same. Word gets out here and it’s all over. I’ve made hints in other threads but that’s is far as I’ll take it.

I am with you on this one...As in another thread about "Cyprian Latakia", blends that's use this will be going into my cellar.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, my Latakia favorites will be well represented. Even though it softens with time, it is still tasty with age.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
Captain Black Grape for sure. It's the best...
...air freshener for my vehicle.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Cig - as someone who cellars both the DFK and Navigator, how do the two compare? I tried a fresh tin of Navigator and almost tossed the entire bowl. I do love me some Orlik though...

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My days of cellaring are over. I'll buy something to replace a blend that's run out, like C&D Yorktown. If I was still on the hunt it would be Esoterica Dunbar and Hastings, HU Director's Cut and Makhuwa, GL Pease Telegraph Hill, Cumberland, Haddo's Delight, Sixpence, and Union Square, Rattray's HOTW, H&H Anniversary Kake, RO Perique Series GP-11, Savinelli Doblone D'Oro, Mac Baren St Bruno, and one or two others.
Fortunately, I started cellaring years ago, so I have a goodly supply of McClelland Christmas Cheers, the Numbers, Red and Black, Tudor Castle, Beacon, Deep Hollow, The Frogs, Grey Havens, Jubilee, 2015, 2010, 5100, McCranie's Red Ribbon and Red Flake, Stave Aged Virginia 35, the 40th and several others, Motzek Strang, Brigham Klondike Gold, A&C Petersen Escudo, and other extinct tobaccos that I enjoy.
When it comes to tobaccos, I lack for nothing.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
I am saving money to start my own business, and I will not spend another dollar on tobacco or pipes. In retrospect it did nothing to improve my quality of life.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Ever so slowly I'm cellaring Royal Yacht, FVF, Capstan Blue Flake, HoTW, St James Flake, Stirling Flake, Dunhill Flake, Dunhill Dark Flake, St Bruno Flake. Several others might get on the list, but my slow pace forces me to narrow it down a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.