What Will You Be Smoking on International Pipe-Smoking Day?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I plan on honoring International Pipe-Smoking Day by enjoying a bowl of my new C.B. Mixture (a carefully crafted blend of fine pipe-tobaccos which I created to pay tribute to the legendary Leavitt & Peirce Cake Box Mixture) in an estate rusticated, saddle-bit, Caminetto Business billiard.
What will you do?

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Because it's International Pipe Smoking Day, I think I'll smoke a Danish tobacco (Rattray's Old Gowrie), in an Irish pipe (Petersen) I bought in England (London to be precise) and smoke it in my United States back yard (Indiana).

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I just received an order today and I will be smoking McClelland's St. James Woods. I was fortunate to be able to try some 20 year old stuff from the Canadian box pass and was blown away so I had to order some. I find the fresh stuff wonderful as well and will be taking advantage of the IPSD sales to order more to cellar.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'll smoke a couple different pipes and blends, same as usual on any day. I'm still not sure who makes these proclamations and why. The blenders? Perhaps to raise sales? Carvers? I have no idea as to the who or the why.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I will be enjoying St. James Woods tinned in 1999 with morning coffee.

Probably throw in some Legend later in the day. Supposed to be over 60

tomorrow so I'll probably take a pipe for a walk with Fusiliers Ration.

Mike S.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
I have too many open tins on the go as it is, but IPSD sounds like the perfect reason to say to hell with it, and open up my tin of Bengal Slices.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I have a Sav Bing I haven't paid enough attention to lately, and tomorrow is a great excuse to open a new tin of tobacco from the cellar. I have plenty of blends open, but why the hell not. I also plan on having a bowl each of SToP's blends. War Horse RR, John Cotton's - #1, 1&2, Smyrna, and Bengal Slices. :puffy:

rfernand

Oct 2, 2015
The Seattle Pipe Clib wants to take a picture with all of us smoking cobs, which sounds like a great idea. I suppose Prince Albert is in order for me :)

whitebar

Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
I have a couple new tins that I'll likely break into for this occasion. First up is Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake and second is Rattray Stirling Flake. Then if time permits I'll likely have a bowl of SG Full Virginia Flake from 2007.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It looks like I'll start out with Mac B's HH Latakia Flake in a Pete Killarney 999 Rhodesian, unless I finish it in the next 31 minutes, and usually flake smokes fairly slowly.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
I just toasted up a bowl of Hawke's Indian Moon. Going to let that do what it does overnight and get into that in the morning when I pick wifey up from work. I'll shut all the windows in my car and marinade myself in the smokey goodness of a damn fine tobacco. Happy IPSD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.