What Will You Be Smoking on International Pipe-Smoking Day?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Barling Pipes
18 Fresh Mastro Geppetto Pipes
3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes
12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Hmmm. I'm not sure yet. I'll almost certainly smoke a bowl of Bengal Slices, as I've been smoking a bowl of that every day. As for what else, maybe some Old Ironsides and Maltese Falcon. I'll be smoking my Peterson Shannon bully and some cobs as well.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I plan on celebrating by smoking several blends in several different pipes throughout the day... so, it's just like any other day for me, really.

jollyroger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2015
After having smoked H&H Anniversary Kake for the past 3 months, today I decided to be adventurous, and pack my self a bowl of.. Anniversary Kake!

Sorry, but with many open tins, I can't justify opening more, and none of the open tins compare to AK.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Smoking ODF in my Weaver billiard, will switch off to Erinmore in my II S freehand later today.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Sorry about your 'luck' grue & Spencer. We'll be thinking of you.

Duane, what's up? No Black Frigate?

I'm debating whether or not it's worth opening one of the few tins I'm aging for this 'special' day. I've got loads of leaf in tubs and bags already.

Let's just say that I expect to smoke multiple bowls of multiple genres...I've already smoked a bowl of baccy I had bought over a year ago in the "Aro" genre.... This was a smooth and dry yet tasty blend called Indian River Gold from The Pipe Den in Vero Beach FL.

I've got some PS LNF on my list (VaPa), as well as a couple or 3 Lat blends, some C&D Burley Based Blends and some codger stuff.

Life is good!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
My IPSD has already started from previous day with Mc Clelland PCCA Winter from 1995-1996 that clickklick had sent me, then I enjoyed Erinmore Flake before sleeping. Today I am smoking 23 years old Levin Pipes Klenderwood, another aged tobacco that clickklick sent.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Sitting here and thinking how many countries I have represented here in my pile of pipe stuff.

I'll give myself a quick type as I think and limit this to what I can immediately recall.

France, Italy, Greece, Ireland, England, Holland, and the USA. I'll think of lots more after I 'post', most likely.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Fire up a bowl of Black Twist in a short clay 'cutty' pipe and take a walk down to my local store for grocery shopping. Later in the day I'll head to the IPS whatever at J&R in NJ!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I won a tin of Briar Fox a year or so ago in the PM cartoon caption contest. Today I will open it. Haven't decided on which pipe yet. Not sure when this will happen. I have multiple duties today, and need to find out when various event will happen before i decide.
Also, going to be around 50 today! Last Saturday was closer to zero.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I'm with guyrox St.Bruno Flake at the moment and some Condor later, enjoy IPSD Lads! :)

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Today I'll be smoking some Uhle's Perfection Plug in this nice little french chimney Billiard (Pipe Du Nord) ...and some 5 Brothers in a corn cob...
In the evening, I'll be puffing on some Ennerdale in my trusty, vintage Britannia Bent Pot.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day!

I will be utilizing my Luciano, and the product of the field.

luciano-0116-600x448.jpg

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Started with the pipes and cigars IPSD blend from 2015 and now working on Germaine brown flake yum.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I started the day with a bowl of 2001 Rotary Navy Cut. Now smoking a 2 year old Capstan Gold Flake. Not sure what is next, all depends on my mood. I will probably go for a vaper. Maybe some 2002 Solani 633 or 2010 Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls, or 2012 SG St James Flake. I will smoke the Vaper in one of my vaper pipes, maybe my first Rad Davis I ever bought, a Lovat.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Started this morning with some SG Sam's Flake that was dried overnight, after lunch a little East India Trading Co. Cellar Reserve, and this evening a little Condor in an old meer, because it's the proper way to end the day.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Not the recipient of this email, just passing on the content...
''This is the email I got from Brairville pipe repair.

It seems the International Pipe Smoking Day got it's start in 2008 with a bunch of good-ole blokes in England on an online forum called "Smokers Forums". Yes the Internet, which seems apropo, since the World Wide Web has so richly exploded our hobby and connected pipe hobbyists and enthusiasts across the entire globe. (No kidding. We have a client in Antarctica!)

After the first IPSD the Comité International of Pipe Clubs picked up the mantle and began to spread the word globally by enlisting member clubs in 25 countries to help publicize the stated purpose of this special day.

From the CIPC website:

"Once a year, pipe smokers around the world will celebrate the noble art of pipe smoking by using their own piece of art, a pipe made of briar or clay. We will put into practice old traditions of raising our pipes in toast to each other in unison and share a bowl together".''

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
First pipe of the day is JackKnife Plug in a MM Diplomat cob. This is a good, stout breakfast blend for a degenerate nicotine addict like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.